Member1303Steve
A.k.a.: Steve Carter
Scirocco Rare

Threads: 556

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: Parrot Heading

posted on October 19th, 2012 at 09:17 PM

Hi

This is the K&N pod I used, its legal as well, my car went over the pits with it on.

Steve

Error
Sorry, you must be a registered user in order to download attachments.
MemberBlueV2
A.k.a.: Mark
Seriously Crusin Dubber

Threads: 15

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue

posted on October 22nd, 2012 at 08:52 AM

Thanks Steve. That is not a dissimilar shape to the cone one I have. My buggy was engineered and registered with the uncovered, but I know that they are supposed to be enclosed. Are the enclosed ones quieter ? The exposed one I have is quite noisy when you make it pull hard.

Sharpbuilt V2, EJ25, Subaru 5 Speed, Falcon rear discs, Heater & A/C, Rack Steering
MemberJoel
Scirocco Rare
Now containing 100% E-Wang

Threads: 211

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Purple
Mood: Tact Level 0.00

posted on October 22nd, 2012 at 02:41 PM

I have actually noticed mine under normal driving conditions has a little less intake roar than before but when I sink the boot in it still has the typical Suby bark but it sounds different now, I think the noise is echoing/resonating in the enclosure, sounds mean though.

Quote:
Originally posted by BlueV2
Hi Joel, no its not an asthetic thing as it wont be seen, it is to do with dirt being thrown straight at it and also I have a bar coming down from the back of the rollbar that holds up the rear cage, making it a pretty small space to get something through. I dont have a photo to show what I mean.
What type (brand) of enclosed filter is that you have ? I looked at the K&N ones and they are pretty baulky. I would also think it would stop the sucking noise that you get from the exposed pod filters.

Couldn't tell you the brand off hand, the box is around somewhere but its just one of your token cheap Chinese ebay brand names like super happy mega performance booster good time, but its just normal garden variety pod filter once you take the cover off.
Honestly a coffee tin over the top of a normal pod filter would achieve the same thing.

I have seen Better quality larger enclosed ones like this running for the $300-400 on ebay but they also look too big for our applications or the smaller ones are recommended for 1.6L or smaller engines

http://www.nahux.com/NPOWER/PICS/AIRINTAKE/BMC-CDA.jpg
MemberSubarugears
Officially Full-On Dubber

Threads: 17

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on October 30th, 2012 at 10:37 AM

It would seem that Subaru has listened to your problems and done the job for you.
Here's the engine bay from the new Toybaru. Intake manifold flipped, alternator flipped, aircon intact, drive by wire throttle so you don't need to worry about your throttle cable angles.
Geez - they are certainly customer focussed.

http://i1169.photobucket.com/albums/r520/subarugears/Left%20side%20alternator%20flip/boxer.jpg

http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd163/ttriebler/Samba-banner-ad.gif
MemberBlueV2
Seriously Crusin Dubber

posted on October 30th, 2012 at 10:48 AM

Thats the go, not sure I would be able to sort out the wiring for the new motor though. That would be ideal for what I want.

Hopefully I will finish what I am trying to sort out tonight and get it going. I need to drive it to work Thursday !!

Sharpbuilt V2, EJ25, Subaru 5 Speed, Falcon rear discs, Heater & A/C, Rack Steering
MemberJoel
Scirocco Rare
Now containing 100% E-Wang

Threads: 211

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Purple
Mood: Tact Level 0.00

posted on October 30th, 2012 at 11:37 AM

The IACV to A/C compressor interferance with a flipped manifold is only an issue on 90s and early 00s engines.

Subaru have ditched the remote IACV quite a while back and intergrated it with the throttle body.
MemberBlueV2
Seriously Crusin Dubber

posted on November 2nd, 2012 at 04:42 PM

This is what I have done with the air intake to get the motor going. Will see how it goes once I can get water into the water pump !!

http://203.28.173.57/tmp/v2/manifold/wp_000371.jpg

Pages:  1  2

Go To Top