Board Logo

VW enthusiast looking for an apprenticeship
Uncle Toby - August 5th, 2008 at 04:41 PM

Hi Im Toby
Im hoping to start an apprenticeship next year and It would be great if it involved Volkswagens. I live in the Blue Mountains, NSW and would be willing to travel to most places in Western Sydney. I am completing the HSC this year and I am also gaining a certificate II in Metal & Engineering. I am interested in all types of apprenticeships so if you need an apprentice next year leave a message.
Thanks, Uncle Toby.

trickysimon - August 5th, 2008 at 04:46 PM

Are you doing Design and Tech at school? If so, post up some pictures of what your makeing please :D
Simon

Uncle Toby - August 5th, 2008 at 04:50 PM

Na, Im not doing Design and Tech. In Metal & Engineering we have mainly been repairing things around the school and making security windows.
We have just started work on a trailer for the school band. The roof was rusted through so we are making a new sloped roof so the water runs off, unlike before where it just pooled up on top. :lol:

trickysimon - August 5th, 2008 at 04:54 PM

Ah k. Your lucky, we don't even have Metal & Engineering at our school. :lol:
Simon

P.S Welcome to AVD

OZ Towdster - August 5th, 2008 at 04:58 PM

Good one Toby , hope you find something dude , as if this is anything to go by you have plenty of initiative as plenty of the VW shops around OZ all look here sooner or later and i for one would be more than willing to help out someone that came to me than having to find someone that was interested.
Sorry we do not have an opening in our shop at the moment but i will keep you in mind should we need someone , but the only thing is of coarse is that we are in Sunny Brisbane.

Andrew

Uncle Toby - August 5th, 2008 at 05:08 PM

Thanks for the encouragement, Andrew. :)

zjm - August 5th, 2008 at 07:31 PM

check this link and get your finger out as the closing date is near
http://www.railcorp.info/careers/apprenticeships 

Uncle Toby - August 5th, 2008 at 07:45 PM

zjm, I tried to apply for a RailCorp apprenticeship last night but the site wasn't working for me, It works now so I will probably apply now. I have also applied for an apprenticeship with integral energy. But, I still really would like to work with VW's. Other apprenticeships would be great too, so if you need an apprentice, post away.
Thanks for your help :)

barls - August 5th, 2008 at 07:49 PM

good luck with it, have you tried contacting the main workshops to see if they would consider it

Uncle Toby - August 5th, 2008 at 07:56 PM

Thanks barls. I was thinking of doing that, if I don't get a reply from some shops in this thread I will contact them directly.

zjm - August 5th, 2008 at 08:00 PM

get a job that allows you to buy lots of vws and pay someone else to work on them

donn - August 5th, 2008 at 08:03 PM

maybe if I don't get a reply
You started off ok, forget the "maybe" bit and get on with your original attack.

Uncle Toby - August 5th, 2008 at 08:13 PM

Deleted the maybe, donn :lol:
I'll get to it then. :tu: