Board Logo

My new Kombi - SHREK!!!
Shrek - May 12th, 2004 at 10:44 PM

Finally got a piccie sorted.

Meet Shrek, does anyone know of others like him? Haven't seen any or heard of any others so far.

Just don't tell me girlfriend she's in the picture (that means you Sleeper), especially in that hat!!

http://www.tintin19.com/ForumPics/Shrek.jpg

See you all in Byron!!

Joel

ByronBug - May 12th, 2004 at 10:48 PM

:sandrine
Theres a kombi like shrek in Byron with that kind or similar roof...
Love the Beanie hat...they sell those & other cute ones here in Byron....I have many myself...heheheh
Judy

Anthiron - May 12th, 2004 at 11:26 PM

ill keep my eye open for you on the coast:cool:

crazyfiggi - May 12th, 2004 at 11:31 PM

Just dont try and park in an under cover parking lot:)
Alex.

BettyBoop - May 12th, 2004 at 11:33 PM

Heys Joel!

Saw you at a distance at Frozzy's on mothers day night and had the pleasure of having ur gf as our attendant! :D tell her shes doing GREAT!:D

Good luck and LOVING the pic of Shrek!

Should be gettin my new addition (recently named: Plugga) Baja home this sunday! YAYAYAYA!

Keep us up to date wit Shrek Joel!

Ciao
Kat

$2.63 homebrand baja - May 13th, 2004 at 12:19 AM

:P I love it. I'ts so ugly it's cool! (sorry if that offends, but Shrek IS an OGRE!) pmsl. :bounce

Shrek - May 13th, 2004 at 09:11 AM

Hi All,

Yep, that was my g/f at Frozzy's Kat, not sure whether she's going to be making it to Byron with me, she may be working, but I'm there with bells on.

In reference to Shrek being ugly, (*shame*) yes you're right, I always knew in my heart :( , but it does suit his name, and he is my first Vee Dubb, and I love him really :P

phatrat - May 14th, 2004 at 10:49 PM

:)

KOM123 - May 15th, 2004 at 02:45 AM

I'll have two single cone vanillas thanks and a chocolate sundae also:)

Nice ride, Kombis rule!!

pod - May 16th, 2004 at 01:59 AM

gees kom123 you beat me to the punch. i thought the same thing when i seen the pic, what a lovely ice cream van. but seriously looks great and as long as you love him he`ll make you happy.
paul

[Edited on 15-5-04 by pod]

[Edited on 15-5-04 by pod]

sgetty - May 16th, 2004 at 08:44 PM

yeah theres one here in tamworth, ownd by a pilot i think and its allways out side the tamworth hotel on fridays cause i see it on my way to my drinking hole:beer:beer:beer

Anthiron - May 16th, 2004 at 11:38 PM

passed u on the bruce highway in my baja on saturday i think it was:cool:

Shrek - May 17th, 2004 at 07:20 PM

Could well have been me, was up and down the Bruce like a YoYo at the weekend!!

Next time you see me, stop me and I'll sell you an ice cream!!

:cool:

Mrs M - May 17th, 2004 at 08:14 PM

I have a picture of Shrek at Woolworths Shopping Centre at Bribie Island 2 1/2 years ago.........

How about that.... it its not Shrek well then it could be another one up your way

Moniek

Shrek - May 17th, 2004 at 08:53 PM

Wow!!

I wonder! He's been all round the country several times, so I really wouldn't be surprised.

I'd love to see it and see if it is him, let me know next time you're gonna be at an event in SEQ and I'll come find you!!

Anthiron - May 17th, 2004 at 11:14 PM

stopping you would have involved crossing the vegetated median and weaving through traffic at speeds of above 100 kilometres an hour with possible constant honking of horn...........i think u would have just sped up if come maniac did that to you;)

Shrek - May 18th, 2004 at 01:32 PM

Okay, I see your point there!! :D

sgetty - May 19th, 2004 at 10:17 PM

hey shrek
i found a brochure on ebay that shows that they where factory options but it doesnt have the windows check it out

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=32080&item=...

cheers deon

Shrek - May 19th, 2004 at 10:36 PM

That's intruiging.

I've got the original manual which is for the pop top 'Adventurer' and the fixed top 'Wanderer' - the latter being my model with windows.

I've google searched to my hearts content and not found anything else about the original model.

Maybe I should by the dealer brochure on ebay .... hmmmmmm...........

sgetty - May 20th, 2004 at 12:30 PM

yeah and stick it inside the kombi so u can show everyone whereever u go, or laminate it like a menu.
deon

Shrek - May 20th, 2004 at 02:14 PM

Got my bid in now, see how it goes. Not going to pay through the nose for it, but it's a nice bit of memorabilia to have, hey!

Cheers for the heads up, Deon.

sgetty - May 23rd, 2004 at 09:23 PM

no worrys man
deon

Shrek - May 23rd, 2004 at 10:25 PM

Won it!!

Woo Hoo!!

$16.95 - can't moan about that.

:thumb

sgetty - May 24th, 2004 at 12:31 PM

nice one i won this one

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2478769552&cate...

its going straight to the pool room
is pritty cool i thought
deon

[Edited on 24-5-2004 by sgetty]

Shrek - May 24th, 2004 at 01:13 PM

That's my collection started then.

Got the VW vehicle a month ago, now I've started the 'all things VW' collection. That's it, I'm on the slippery slope :D

splittychick - May 24th, 2004 at 05:42 PM

Yep you're hooked for sure.You'll find kombi things will jump out at you everywhere you go now & you'll just "have to have them".Also you'll drive all your friends so crazy with you're obsession that they'll find themselves buying you kombi things that they come across as well!!!!!
WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!!! :D:D:D

aggri1 - May 25th, 2004 at 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by splittychick
... you'll drive all your friends so crazy with your obsession ....

Haha, nice one. You got it!

Aurel

Shrek - May 25th, 2004 at 10:13 AM

Excellent, I'm looking forward to really pissing people off with my new obsession. In fact my girlfriends already either gonna have to convert from Catholicism to VeeDubber or else she's gonna leave me.

Luckily she thinks Kombi's have credibility, so I think I'm safe!!

Let's just see what happens when all my spare time is spent on the bus ;)

sgetty - May 25th, 2004 at 07:45 PM

haha ive converted mine, she now is going to do all the interior work on the splitty, witch is good cause shes great with material. work on it 2gether and u will have no arguments;)
deon

barls - June 28th, 2004 at 03:18 PM

yeahmy old man services one it belongs to an old couple from out the back of Taree :beer