[ Total Views: 1494 | Total Replies: 3 | Thread Id: 105561 ]
Author: Subject:  Hello Veedubbers - New Member From South West Victoria
Memberscootissimo
Learner Dubber

Threads: 6

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on March 26th, 2014 at 12:42 PM
Hello Veedubbers - New Member From South West Victoria

Hi, My name is Sam, I'm a 1972 SB owner, having fun getting reaquainted with veedubs after quite a few years with other cars..remembering the quirks that's for sure! I'm attempting a little rebirth on my old girl as the PO's haven't given her much love, just putting things back on that have gone missing is making a huge difference.

"Gretchen" is not original in any sense of the word as she's got an after market roof chop but she's still a great old car. Attempting a 'Rebirth' and not 'Full Resto'-it's a girl thing-I'm doing what I can do myself and relying on the kindness of mechanic friends for the heavy stuff, can't afford a full resto and paint just yet but at least she'll be on the road and I'll be smiling.

I also have a modest collection of Vespa scooters and keen to hear from others who have scooters, I have a theory that scooter people also like VW's..i think it's the curves ;)

Look forward to talking VW :)

Sam
Portland

1972 VW Super Beetle Convertible - "Gretchen"
1967 SS180 Vespa-"Sophia"
1966 150 Super Custom Vespa -"Francesca"
2009 GTS300ie Vespa-"Arabella"
Membergrinderman
Officially Full-On Dubber

Threads: 50

posted on March 26th, 2014 at 09:29 PM

Hi Sam welcome to aussieveedubbers. Good to hear you're back in the VW scene after a break from these often quirky but loveable cars. Have you got any photos of your superbug for us ? Although some people frown apon a non-factory convertible, I don't care it's still a vdub and if you give it some TLC it can give you years of good service.
Although I am sceptical about owning a convertible in south west victoria:no: (I used to live in warrnambool) but I guess even up here in queensland you hardly ever see people with their roof down.
I love my motorbikes but I had a trip to europe last year and after a couple of hours watching the traffic in Rome, all I wanted was to roar around with the locals on a vespa !
I can see why people LOVE these scooters. So post some shots of the vespas aswell I reckon.
Memberh
A.k.a.: Towely BuMpEr KING! ILLegal ALIEN on a roadtrip
Scirocco Rare
fractals - an ever changing lifestyle

Threads: 375

Theme: XMBX Pro Green
Mood: A T3 is not a Kombi - stop waving at me

posted on March 26th, 2014 at 10:01 PM

welcome aboard mate!

fractal geometry; the inner most limits of mind altering abuse

Fantasy http://seventhchronicle.com 

Z = Z2 + C1/r = 1/0 = infinity

Barrels http://www.barrelman.com.au 

VW Workshop - aircooledgarage.com.au
allcooled.com.au
Memberscootissimo
Learner Dubber

Threads: 6

posted on October 22nd, 2014 at 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by grinderman
Hi Sam welcome to aussieveedubbers. Good to hear you're back in the VW scene after a break from these often quirky but loveable cars. Have you got any photos of your superbug for us ? Although some people frown apon a non-factory convertible, I don't care it's still a vdub and if you give it some TLC it can give you years of good service.
Although I am sceptical about owning a convertible in south west victoria:no: (I used to live in warrnambool) but I guess even up here in queensland you hardly ever see people with their roof down.
I love my motorbikes but I had a trip to europe last year and after a couple of hours watching the traffic in Rome, all I wanted was to roar around with the locals on a vespa !
I can see why people LOVE these scooters. So post some shots of the vespas aswell I reckon.

VW's and Vespas..it's a disease!!

Error
Sorry, you must be a registered user in order to download attachments.

Error
Sorry, you must be a registered user in order to download attachments.

1972 VW Super Beetle Convertible - "Gretchen"
1967 SS180 Vespa-"Sophia"
1966 150 Super Custom Vespa -"Francesca"
2009 GTS300ie Vespa-"Arabella"

Go To Top