[ Total Views: 1458 | Total Replies: 1 | Thread Id: 108469 ]
Author: Subject:  Hello all
MemberTimothy_N-F
Casual Dubber

Threads: 3

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on February 27th, 2015 at 06:57 PM
Hello all

G'day all, I've been on here for a few days now and I figure I should probably introduce myself. I joined as my neighbour CaptainKman is on here and so is Joel, whom I know from SBO! (Which is a brilliant forum if you have a Superbug!).

I'm 22 and live in Queensland, Australia, near Brisbane. I've owned a number of cars, but ever since I was a kid I'd wanted a beetle - you could say it's always been my dream car - and so about a year and a half ago when I wrote off my Subaru through some rather careless driving I decided it was now or never, so I took the plunge and bought a bug.

For a bit of background, at this time I was not quite 21 and recently graduated from university with no hint of a decent job insight. So with the very small budget and vast amount of time for working on cars that comes with only having casual jobs, I bought what I could afford. At this point I knew nothing about super beetles or that there'd even been two kinds (standard and super), however I pretty quickly found out and found this site (I don't quite remember how). I didn't have a whole lot of luck with "Phoenix" - so christened because she caught fire 3 days after I bought her, luckily only a small engine fire the damage from which I could fix - but as many of you will know from my constant questions on here, I learnt a lot about SBs from Phoenix and having learnt the difference, I'd fallen in love with L bugs. A year later I'd found myself a job as a scientist and had very little time to work on the car, but could now afford to get her painted.

The painter found a lot of rust and advised me that it would cost at least $10,000 to properly paint Phoenix and advised I sell her and bought something better, advice I took. I took my $10,000 and bought a fully restored and practically perfect (as yet unnamed) L bug which I now drive :D .
So at 22 and for under $10,000 I've bought my dream car, how many people could say that!

Here's a list of the cars I've owned:
1990 Honda Civic (my first car which I bought in 2008)
1992 Subaru Liberty (I bought this in 2011)
1973 Volkswagen Super Beetle ("Phoenix" bought in 2013)
1987 Nissan Pathfinder (kindly donated to me when Phoenix caught fire - leaked like a sieve and only lasted a week)
1975 Volkswagen Super Beetle (my current L bug/only car bought in 2014 and she's a beauty!)

http://i61.tinypic.com/2qmooso.jpg

Phoenix was my 1973 Super Beetle.
_______ is my 1975 Super Beetle.
Memberwombatventures
Wolfsburg Wizard

Threads: 44

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Orange
Mood: BUSted, BUGgered & NOTCHed

posted on February 28th, 2015 at 06:19 PM

Welcome Timothy
That Yellow L-Bug looks Cool.
Hope You decide to do up the orange one as well.

[size=5]DUBS BY THE RIVER2021[/size] Morgan SA - Sept 18-19 2021

Currently suffering from delusions of sanity!

Go To Top