Board Logo
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
[ Total Views: 1870 | Total Replies: 4 | Thread Id: 110432 ]
Author: Subject:  What's Up With Your CB Currently?
Memberztnoo
Insano Dub Head

Threads: 120

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: Dazed & Confused

info.gif posted on January 19th, 2016 at 04:36 AM
What's Up With Your CB Currently?

Gentleman,
Today I noted it has been one month since any post has been made to this forum, one of Bill Moore's favorite places to hang out while he was still with us.
I've seen the downward trend in posting since Bill's untimely passing nearly two years ago.
I'm concerned about that reality.....not because you gents aren't out there working on and grooming your CBs in different ways, but the fact you aren't here talking about what you are doing, what your difficulties or problems with your CBs are, and aren't seeking out guidance and suggestions for your projects here at the CB Forum

So, in the interest of sparking a bit of activity here at the CB forum, I'm going to ask each of you to kindly tell us what you have been doing with your CBs and what are your future plans for restos, modifications, meets/rallys/shows, and anything else that is CB related that comes to mind.

So gentlemen, I hope you each toss your 2 cents worth into the collective information hat.

From the very frigid American midwest:
Partly Cloudy 0°F / -18°C
Humidity 60%
Wind Speed W 12 mph
Barometer 30.25 in
Dewpoint -11°F (-24°C)
Visibility 10.00 mi
Wind Chill -17°F (-27°C)
Last update 18 Jan 7:35 am EST

Best Regards,
Steve

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff127/ztnoo/laidbackroo.jpg
Fine tuning the proper daily ratio of Maxwell House to Bacardi 151.........

* Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia !
Member11CAB
Compulsive Aussie Vee Dubber
If ya got it....Baja it

Threads: 321

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue
Mood: Beach'n

posted on January 19th, 2016 at 09:00 AM

I think it's the same with most car forums these days, everything is being posted on sites like Facebook and Instagram, and the forums are being neglected. I actually think Country Buggies have had a resurgence since Bill has passed away, and there has been a large number of Country Buggies being found and saved, and ones that weren't on the register.

And we've had one of our CB's featured in the Australian VW Magazine

http://i1080.photobucket.com/albums/j322/VWNuts1/B293BC7B-E73E-4FEF-A95D-6935D67DCC6F_zpsdwvs05ww.jpg

65 Meyers Manx
68 Country Buggy (KO 367)
68 Country Buggy (KO 669)
68 Country Buggy (KO 789)
68 Country Buggy (KO 815)
68 Baja Bug
76 Baja Kombi Twincab
Memberztnoo
Insano Dub Head

Threads: 120

Mood: Dazed & Confused

posted on January 24th, 2016 at 10:17 PM

Thanks for chiming in, Graham.
What about the rest of you gents?
I see by the "views" statistics, lots of you have opened this thread.
What is going on with your CB???

Regards,
Steve

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff127/ztnoo/laidbackroo.jpg
Fine tuning the proper daily ratio of Maxwell House to Bacardi 151.........

* Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia !
Member68AutoBug
A.k.a.: Lee Noonan
Aircooled Master
Beetle Restorer - Experience over 138% - YIKES --

Threads: 449

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Yellow
Mood: Really Mentally Ill - all of the time -

posted on June 20th, 2016 at 08:35 PM

Hi Steve,

Well, the fact is these are very rare vehicle which You don't normally see on Aussie roads at ALL....

Only at VW swap meets and VW car shows....

I live in the country and there was only one Country Buggy in the town which I saw and examined each time I saw it...
It was owned by a farmer and the inside of it was half full of hay [chaff]
so, I presume He fed His cows etc with His buggy....

A few years ago, someone must have gone thru the records of some of the VW dealers where the CB's were sold...
and found One that had never been road registered so it spent its life on the farm and parked in a garage or a large Farm Shed.
It was located roughly about 30-40klms from where I live and the Gentleman who owned it was the local Shire President [now called the Mayor] who I knew by sight. He passed away approx 10 years ago...
I did see pictures of this country buggy, and it was really looked after by the original owner.... which is fairly rare for property owners/farmers are usually too busy to look after any vehicles.... It was probably the BEST FIND... as far as Country Buggies are concerned....

I just wish VW had sold type 182's in Australia.... which is a RHD VW THING [type `181] a VW with 4 doors.....

cheers STEVE

LEE

- [size=4]Helping keep Air Cooled VWs on the road - location: SCONE in the Upper Hunter Valley - Northern NSW 320 kms NNW of SYDNEY--- [/size]
Memberaircooledjake
Slammed & Awesome Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 8

posted on June 21st, 2016 at 09:15 PM

Our Buggy is getting some love as we speak. i have a little thread where i post some photos to try keep people up to date and also give some others insight, It is KO 646. John has been such a help for me informing me of different things about the car along with many others on the forum! Its such a good learning curve, and always keeping myself and dad busy. I know there is a few guys out there that have only recently got their car and many dont know much so i highly recommend piping up if you have questions as there are many ears, eyes and mouths on here that can teach alot, just need to get them to out of the shell sometimes.

Regards Jake

Go To Top