Board Logo
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
[ Total Views: 840 | Total Replies: 2 | Thread Id: 112913 ]
Author: Subject:  Pedals interchangeable??
Membercnfabo
Custom Title Time!

No Avatar

Threads: 140

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on November 7th, 2017 at 09:05 AM
Pedals interchangeable??

Hi guys was wondering if pedals from a later model beetle would fit my oval as in the same bracket that and bolt spacing on either side of the tunnel..the bushes in my roller pedals are flogged out... . I have put new pans on so I can make them fit the pan no problem but just didn't know about the both sides of the tunnel etc.. And is the clutch arm all in the same spot??? That's no biggie I could resend a clutch arm on to suit...

Cheers fabo
Memberbevoracing
A.k.a.: Tony Beven
Officially Full-On Dubber

Threads: 35

Theme: UltimaBB Vintage
Mood: Leaning against the shed wall !.

posted on November 7th, 2017 at 09:40 AM

I think they will interchange. I put the pedals from a 68, the fabricated ones like the Type 3 has, not the cast pedals, in a 61 chassis. They fitted OK, had to make the outer bracket to suit. The only issue was the clutch cable tube was on the right hand side of the 61. No worries I thought, I'll cut the lever arm off and move it across. Trouble is you can't get the pedal assembly in the hole with the lever on the right. On the left you can put it at an angle and feed it in, on the right you are restricted to having it relatively straight and the hook won't go through the hole. I had to do some other clearancing to get it in. Not impossible but something to check.
Cheers
Tony

Country Buggy King & Link Pin Overhauls, Type 1 & 2 King Pins, General Machining.
http://forums.aussieveedubbers.com/viewtopic.php?tid=74138 
My car is KO813
Membercnfabo
Custom Title Time!

No Avatar

Threads: 140

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on November 7th, 2017 at 06:52 PM

Cheers dude.. Think my tube in the tunnel is almost in the middle.... But thanks for the reply

Go To Top