Membernick1234
Casual Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 12

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on September 3rd, 2006 at 01:08 AM
VW Golf II

VW Golf II
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone !!

I have a rather strange request. I will be coming to Australia this coming October for my Masters programme in Sydney.
I still have an older but great car (VW Golf II) in perfect condition here in Germany (my current country of residence) which I would like to ship to NSW. I have also already heard of some Germans and English people who have done that sort of shipping before. My VW dealer here advised me to contact a few VW clubs and such in this regards. In that respect I was hoping that you could maybe provide me with some supportive information. Maybe you know of some companies that undertake this form of shipping for not too much money. Do you have any information on whether cars with left hand drive are accepted in the state of NSW? Is there a sufficient amount of used spare parts for this car ? I have been informed that there might be a charge of around 1.000$ AU (import charge). Any idea if that is it ?
Can you maybe tell me more about costs for insurance for somebody that is 24 years old & taxes for a 19-year old VW (50 horse power Diesel) in NSW ?
What do I have to watch out for in relation to importing the vehicle (paperwork and possible costs)?

Anything information you might have would be really helpful to me. In case you might not know, please feel free to pass on or post this message elsewhere. Any information would really help me.

In this respect I want to thank you in advance for your time. I really appreciate it !!

Kind regards,

- Nick
Super ModeratorBizarre
Super Moderator
The artist formerly known as blue74l

Rank Avatar

Threads: 730

posted on September 5th, 2006 at 08:11 PM

Hi Nick

Unless it is some special Golf i would get another here.

You cant drive a LHD care here unless it is 30 years + you have a long way to go.
I "think" a drive in/out conversion would be in the order of $3000 - $5000 Aus
Shipping is going to be say $2000Aus

Mk 11 golfs aint THAT common - especially good ones, but a mate just bought a good, not perfect, but good original GTi for $4,500

Insureance for under 25's with no history is expensive

Futue te ipsum!!!
Memberbushed
Wolfsburg Elder

No Avatar

Threads: 66

posted on February 2nd, 2007 at 09:41 PM

Nick and Bizarre
this may be late but if u have the paperwork for driving anywhere in the world most insurance companies would give you credit here in Aus for your experience elsewhere....if not go to another insurance co

There is a nice Vento for sale here in the Cars for Sale section if u need a classic Golf in Aus
It is in Qld, Rockhampton
aber ich koennte den 140,000 km Wagen gerne liefern.

drop me an email

[ Edited on 2-2-2007 by bushed ]

want any vw bits old but like me, Made in Germany!!!

Go To Top