Board Logo
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
[ Total Views: 1506 | Total Replies: 6 | Thread Id: 59016 ]
Author: Subject:  WHo knows about Stereos?
Membergerbie_rox

No Avatar

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on December 21st, 2006 at 11:46 AM
WHo knows about Stereos?

I have a question, just went out and Bought 2 1000w subs and a jvc amp. however when i read the manual on my head unit it dosent have sub-control in it. it has 2 pair RCA outputs, however without the sub control this means i cannot have just the bass frequencys to the sub and no other speakers correct? The amp has a built in crossover. Its just the bass to all other speakers i cant control right? Which will suck because i cant just turn the subs up, cause when the speakers distort from the bass, the subs will still have plenty more go. Am i correct in all this??
Memberh
A.k.a.: Towely BuMpEr KING! ILLegal ALIEN on a roadtrip
Scirocco Rare
fractals - an ever changing lifestyle

Threads: 375

Theme: XMBX Pro Green
Mood: A T3 is not a Kombi - stop waving at me

posted on December 21st, 2006 at 02:10 PM

man the way i set it up was to put the regular speakers on the headunit amp wires and plugged the amp to one of the preouts.. then adjusted the fader to suit the thump.. worked for my alpine amp when i had it..
cheers paul

fractal geometry; the inner most limits of mind altering abuse

Fantasy http://seventhchronicle.com 

Z = Z2 + C1/r = 1/0 = infinity

Barrels http://www.barrelman.com.au 

VW Workshop - aircooledgarage.com.au
allcooled.com.au
Membergerbie_rox

No Avatar

posted on December 21st, 2006 at 03:42 PM

fadar? wadda mean? soz man im not real into this. u mean the fadar on the head unit?
Membercrewcabconnection
Custom Title Time!
Being Sid James

Threads: 293

Mood: Looking forward to week 10

posted on December 21st, 2006 at 07:17 PM

join the caraudioaustralia forum and ask Mr Shiny Car.

But ... I would suggest that you run a monoblock amp for the subs and another amp, maybe the one you've got for the splits (assuming you're going that way). If the HU has 'bass output' to the subs, its not like the music has additional channels in the mix for the bass. Its more like a 'bass filter'. Kind of designed on HUs for people to not go via an amp but to allow them to add a sub in the system.

The amps are where you are going to control the sound going through the system. So despite not having specific RCAs for the subs, you are still going to be able to pull out the bass from the amp - as you also need to consider that subs are not interested in reproducing top end noise anyway.

2x1000W subs ... man you're gonna need a bigger alternator! - 55A is not 'massive' when you're talking about a system that is gonna push 2000W of bass....you really need to ask join caa - the peeps in there are gurus.

Das told me about them - never looked back....

Loves a lolcat
MemberDubCrazy
A.k.a.: steff
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 145

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue
Mood: painting anything in front of me

posted on December 21st, 2006 at 08:32 PM

yes you are right to a point, the amp will filter the signal so that only the lower bass gets through and to all the other speackers that u run from the head unit and not throught crossovers/amps will get all signals.

So what you do is wire up the whole lot then disconect all speakers bar the amps and subs, take the head unit to peak power and sound and set the power on the amps so that the subs are working to there max with out distortment. then bring all the other speakers back on line , Doing this will get you the best sound before distortment with out adding crossovers to get the perfect set up. dont get me worng its a quick fix and the only real way to set it up is to run a proper crossover network and have full control of the signals.

it will also depend on the brand of speakers you have on how it will all sound. its best to work out RMS rather than Peak power outputs as it can differ hugly between different brands of speakers.

steff...........................

Life with out a v-dub is no life at all!!!!!
MemberJoel
Scirocco Rare
Now containing 100% E-Wang

Threads: 211

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Purple
Mood: Tact Level 0.00

posted on December 22nd, 2006 at 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by crewcabconnection

2x1000W subs ... man you're gonna need a bigger alternator! - 55A is not 'massive' when you're talking about a system that is gonna push 2000W of bass....

thats just the max power rating the subs would never run close to that
got a model number for ur amp Jye?

a standard 30amp genny may struggle but i've got the standard 50amp alternator in my car just with a decent size battery and Ive got 2 kicker impulse subs, 2 amps, central locking, alarm, 110w headlights etc and my electrical system shits it in withl no dimming or anything
just for good measure tho ive got a 1.5 farad cap to keep it all in check

[ Edited on 22-12-2006 by DUB74L ]
Memberesevwbits
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 143

Theme: UltimaBB Streamlined2
Mood: alive!!

posted on January 8th, 2007 at 05:58 PM

Speakers to head unit. U can adjust Treble bass and sometimes mid ( depending on your unit.)
Sub to Bridged amp. Adjust your sensitivity etc from the amp.. to suit the bass you would like!
:)

Go To Top