Board Logo
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
[ Total Views: 1293 | Total Replies: 1 | Thread Id: 81632 ]
Author: Subject:  Jacking Points on Country Buggies?
Memberbevoracing
A.k.a.: Tony Beven
Officially Full-On Dubber

Threads: 35

Theme: UltimaBB Vintage
Mood: Leaning against the shed wall !.

posted on January 26th, 2010 at 02:46 PM
Jacking Points on Country Buggies?

OK, so we’ve talked about jacks at length. How about Jacking Points? The Country Buggy parts book calls them “111 701 475A Socket – Jack” in both the chassis section (which is wrong) and the body section. In some palaces on the internet they are known as “TAB-400-860 - JACK SUPPORT - ALL BEETLE” and are available.

Now my car has a busted up something on it that looks nothing like that. There’s a strengthening plate welded to the under side of the body with some bent plate shaped into a square with a packing piece in there to give it some angle and to clear the lip of the body. That packing spacer is interesting, it’s a locking tab off the larger of the two sway bar clamps. Now that’s improvisation. I see no evidence that my car ever had a 111 701 475A attached to it and I can’t figure out how you would attach it.

Can one of you learned gentlemen please explain to me exactly what was originally supplied with a Country Buggy, or at least most of them, and how it was attached. Is the parts book wrong?
I’m looking forward to hearing what the answer is one.
Cheers
Tony

Error
Sorry, you must be a registered user in order to download attachments.

Country Buggy King & Link Pin Overhauls, Type 1 & 2 King Pins, General Machining.
http://forums.aussieveedubbers.com/viewtopic.php?tid=74138 
My car is KO813
Membercb john
Wolfsburg Wizard

Threads: 6

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue

posted on January 26th, 2010 at 09:30 PM

Whatever is left on my orig.body, looks exactly the same as yours...we can guess that it is a factory version of jacking point...
the stiffener is according to my experience with rebuild absolutely necessary, 'cause the extension panel / between heat channel and sill panel / is not up to it... on the pictures of C.Buggies you can see different things....what is the factory version is unclear...Parts list is again incorrect...;)

Go To Top