Board Logo
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
[ Total Views: 18407 | Total Replies: 146 | Thread Id: 84534 ]
 Pages:  1  ..  3  4  5
Author: Subject:  Classic Vee-Dub - Huh?
MemberBOOMERDOG
Officially Full-On Dubber

Threads: 25

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: anarchy from the U.K.

posted on October 9th, 2011 at 09:02 AM

my car has been on axle stands awaiting a part for 2 weeks now,i thought i would give cvd another go for parts..2 weeks later he still hasn't even answered the phone FFS.

customer service ..big fat =0

i am goner spend some serious wedge in the next couple of months on the car....my buisness is now going elsewhere...

1954 street & strip oval
1967 karmann ghia
1972 type 3 fastback
1977 kombi

http://www.offdrc.co.uk/ 
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/boomeratbuffalo/skate%20shots/site_graphic-outlaw_flat_four_banne.jpg
MemberCamo
A.k.a.: Kev
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 209

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue

posted on October 9th, 2011 at 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by BOOMERDOG
my car has been on axle stands awaiting a part for 2 weeks now,i thought i would give cvd another go for parts..2 weeks later he still hasn't even answered the phone FFS.

customer service ..big fat f***King =0

i am goner spend some serious wedge in the next couple of months on the car....my buisness is now going elsewhere...

Not making excuses for him, but you do know he has been closed for the last 10 days. Was on his site that he was going to a VW Bus gathering somewhere and would be closed until now.

Also, you mentioned this

Quote:
s'funny,even though i have been here nearly 7 years now i still use my old suppliers back in the uk,fast shipping & reliable..at least they answer the phone ...

http://www.vw-online.co.uk/acatalog/kkcat1.html 

http://www.vwheritage.com/ 

I just looked at the KK site and they want 29 pound (about $45 oz) for an interior light and the mob you are waiting on only charges $15 oz, so a big difference and the KK site isn't including postage.

You are only at the central cost, not for from the Classic so why not drive down and get what you want in one go and on the day you pay for it.

Not sticking up for Classic, just using a bit of common sense. Also not meaning to be rude or having a go at you, just pointing out a different view.

I too get frustrated with Classic, I am waiting to return a part as its the right side and not the left that I purchased. Was in a sealed bag and didn't check until opening it, thought it would be correct. Also waiting on his shipments, has now said the part I want would be in the last 3 deliveries. Then again, if I needed it NOW I would go else where and pay more for it.

Regards, Kev.

I thought rebuilding a VW would be cheap - Shit I was wrong, just don't let the wife know !!!!

Click here for my (slowy) modded 1961 Beetle build.
Membervwbugsrule
Slammed & Awesome Dubber

Threads: 26

posted on October 9th, 2011 at 11:55 AM

they said that they would be open on friday, so i went and the bloody shop was closed and when i rang it just said number busy. Made me drive all that way for nothing.
MemberBOOMERDOG

Threads: 25

Mood: anarchy from the U.K.

posted on October 9th, 2011 at 12:13 PM

Exactly what I done on Friday as above...pah....not impressed.
As for karman konnection, ritchie always cuts me a deal as I was involved with the german car company waay back in the mid 80's with the vwdrc right at the beginning.

1954 street & strip oval
1967 karmann ghia
1972 type 3 fastback
1977 kombi

http://www.offdrc.co.uk/ 
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y145/boomeratbuffalo/skate%20shots/site_graphic-outlaw_flat_four_banne.jpg
MemberWannavee
Insano Dub Head

No Avatar

Threads: 53

Theme: UltimaBB Psyche Blue

posted on October 9th, 2011 at 03:07 PM

CIP1 mate :tu:
MemberXXX-1.8T
Bishop of Volkswagenism

Threads: 454

Mood: Oil Drippin

posted on October 9th, 2011 at 08:33 PM

Was there on Saturday George is an awesome bloke.

His a one man show and does it well.

Dont like it buy from the UK/US but if something goes wrong good luck :)

His prices are cheap if your in a hurry then pay up :)
Memberwaltermitty
Custom Title Time!
Legend when my beer goggles are on

Threads: 268

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Grey
Mood: Hungry for mor

posted on October 9th, 2011 at 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XXX-1.8T
Was there on Saturday George is an awesome bloke.

Dont like it buy from the UK/US but if something goes wrong good luck :)

His prices are cheap if your in a hurry then pay up :)

Yeah what he said .
Cheapest in Australia!
Mitchell

23 windows ...8 too many!
MemberAyeBee
Seriously Crusin Dubber

Threads: 18

posted on October 9th, 2011 at 09:14 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XXX-1.8T

May just have to agree to disagree on this one.
Memberwaltermitty
Custom Title Time!
Legend when my beer goggles are on

Threads: 268

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Grey
Mood: Hungry for mor

posted on October 9th, 2011 at 09:35 PM

If you want great service and prompt delivery then there are lots of places you can get it.
Thing is the overheads involved make things more expensive.
Yes it can be frustrating sometimes getting service from George .
BUT lets face it if you own or are restoring an AC VW then being in the NOW generation will always be frustrating.
Perhaps the slow lane isnt so bad? even more suited?
Personally its a journey, my current resto is 3 years young and a while yet to go yet.
If you are restoring then NOW is not really an imperative, plan ahead , order early save money afford more bits order more and all is good.
If you want everything NOW and have no patience go buy a new Toyota or Honda.
If money is no objective buy elsewhere.
Until very recently OS was cost prohibitive. And even now I find George cheaper when shipping is taken into account, Also I can return stuff to him and believe me any resto has incorrect parts ordered or supplied.
For the tight arses amoungst us ( and in the VW community there are many ) we use and love George because he cares is a good bloke and saves us money.
Like our vehicles he is not perfect, he brakes down at times and can be unreliable but thanks god hes there.
Mitchell

23 windows ...8 too many!
Member68AutoBug
A.k.a.: Lee Noonan
Aircooled Master
Beetle Restorer - Experience over 138% - YIKES --

Threads: 449

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Yellow
Mood: Really Mentally Ill - all of the time -

posted on October 9th, 2011 at 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Camo
Quote:

I am goner spend some serious wedge in the next couple of months on the car....my buisness is now going elsewhere...

Not making excuses for him, but you do know he has been closed for the last 10 days. Was on his site that he was going to a VW Bus gathering somewhere and would be closed until now.

Also, you mentioned this

Quote:
s'funny,even though i have been here nearly 7 years now i still use my old suppliers back in the uk,fast shipping & reliable..at least they answer the phone ...

http://www.vw-online.co.uk/acatalog/kkcat1.html 

http://www.vwheritage.com/ 

I just looked at the KK site and they want 29 pound (about $45 oz) for an interior light and the mob you are waiting on only charges $15 oz, so a big difference and the KK site isn't including postage.

You are only at the central cost, not for from the Classic so why not drive down and get what you want in one go and on the day you pay for it.

Not sticking up for Classic, just using a bit of common sense. Also not meaning to be rude or having a go at you, just pointing out a different view.

I too get frustrated with Classic, I am waiting to return a part as its the right side and not the left that I purchased. Was in a sealed bag and didn't check until opening it, thought it would be correct. Also waiting on his shipments, has now said the part I want would be in the last 3 deliveries. Then again, if I needed it NOW I would go else where and pay more for it.

Regards, Kev.

Hi Kev
My Son buys the UK VW magazines and I find them VERY EXPENSIVE even if I lived there.. lol
at least parts are cheap in the uSA but air freight is also a killer
it looks like many people don't check out prices when buying overseas.. just buy it..
as interior lamps can be bought very cheaply locally..

Only thing I like is some US companies give You the option of USA Made or South Americian made or OE made or reproductions
like airheadparts.com

If You have someone coming over to Australia from the USA
would make most VW owners day... lol

cheers

LEE

- [size=4]Helping keep Air Cooled VWs on the road - location: SCONE in the Upper Hunter Valley - Northern NSW 320 kms NNW of SYDNEY--- [/size]
MemberWannavee
Insano Dub Head

No Avatar

Threads: 53

Theme: UltimaBB Psyche Blue

posted on October 10th, 2011 at 08:48 PM

'looks like many people don't check out prices' ?? Are you serious??
MemberHertz
Custom Title Time!
www.melburgluft.com

Threads: 84

Mood: Too lazy to give it a thought actually.

posted on October 10th, 2011 at 09:00 PM

I gave up on Classic years ago, after getting supplied wrong part after wrong part, or just getting dicked around. I get my shit from CIP1. Everything they stock is on the website with info regarding the parts on offer as well as honest feedback about the parts ( if its shit they say its shit).

I can order on a thursday or friday morning and have stuff at my door on Monday. Now thats service. And even with shipping they kill local prices. Obviously as stated you plan ahead. If planning an order, make it a good size one, maybe with a couple of friends, and keep the shipping impact to a minimum.

I dont get time during the day to be hanging off the phone discussing shit, so at night I can get online do my reaserch, and order the correct bits. And if I do have to ring them, at least I know someone will answer the phone.

I must say however that Vintage Vee Dub have always given me great service. You pay more than classic at times but you never get let down.

Click the Beetle
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h106/aussiebug/537043350_melburgluft2.gif
MemberPollywaffle
A.k.a.: Ben
.:Ben:.

Threads: 20

posted on October 10th, 2011 at 09:05 PM

I was there today picking up a couple of things which I needed urgently. It appeared he had a couple of guys helping him out. Hopefully people who are waiting for parts get them soon.

Quote:
Originally posted by Hertz
I must say however that Vintage Vee Dub have always given me great service. You pay more than classic at times but you never get let down.

Couldn't agree more. I buy from there as much as possible (and I'm getting some work done to my car there this Thursday). Very helpful and all the parts are quality. Boris posts the same day too and I generally get the parts the next day.
MemberHertz
Custom Title Time!
www.melburgluft.com

Threads: 84

Mood: Too lazy to give it a thought actually.

posted on October 10th, 2011 at 09:45 PM

Yep his postage ethic is second to none.

Click the Beetle
http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h106/aussiebug/537043350_melburgluft2.gif
MemberJVLRacing
Custom Title Time!

No Avatar

Threads: 30

posted on October 11th, 2011 at 08:35 AM

Sounds like shithouse service to me:crazy:

Mate grab ur money find someone who will give u the customer service u deserve....
Memberbajachris88
A.k.a.: Chris Leete
23 Windows of Awesome
The international telephone dialing code for Antarctica is 672.

Threads: 534

Mood: A bee bit ma' bottom, now ma' bottom's big!

posted on October 11th, 2011 at 08:41 AM

Paid for a vac advance dissy on Vollks.com.au on friday, recieved teh parcel monday morning prior to 9am. WOW!

And they gave me another gift! An awesome blinging vw key chain. These dudes are tops :tu:

(ô_!_/ô) (ô_!_/ô)
69' baja: kombi box, thing spindles, irs, disc front, type 3 rear drums, 2 inch lift kit, 31x10 rears. :tu:
New engine in process: 94mm p&bs, 74mm C/w chomol Crank, 35.5x39 SP heads, turbo. Wierd combo, hopeful torque monsta!
MemberJVLRacing
Custom Title Time!

No Avatar

posted on October 11th, 2011 at 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by bajachris88
Paid for a vac advance dissy on Vollks.com.au on friday, recieved teh parcel monday morning prior to 9am. WOW!

And they gave me another gift! An awesome blinging vw key chain. These dudes are tops :tu:

NOW thats service:cool:
Membersurfpig

Threads: 35

posted on October 11th, 2011 at 08:48 AM

Yeah I ordered a dizzy from vollks on Tuesday last week and got it on the Thursday. Pretty bloody good, I had a look at classic thinking it might be cheaper, but vollks was actually cheaper. Can't really complain. I'll be doing my shopping with them and CIP1

Im so happy I could just shit.
MemberOldTimer
Seriously Crusin Dubber

Theme: UltimaBB Pro White
Mood: In constant awe

posted on October 11th, 2011 at 05:58 PM

I've bought from them all, and I've only been disappointed with Classic Vee-Dub once. That was not getting emails or phone calls answered - haven't needed to go back to him again.
Mick Motors has always been great, but I'm local so I can just duck in. ;)
Vollks has been great too. Prices good, delivery amazing. I did have an email not answered here too. But we made up. :lol:
Karmen Kampers are also good, though they don't have much that I need. The stuff I have ordered has arrived quickly too.
Haven't bought from Vintage Vee Dub in years, but I seem to remember that they too were pretty awesome.
Bought from CIP1 a couple of times (to take advantage of good aussie dollar), can't complain with them either.
MA Motorworks ditto.
Heritage in the UK, very slow delivery - they use Royal Mail not a courier.
Machine 7 has great gear, though the prices are just average. Delivery is just Ok.
Bus N Bug - Absolutely amazing service, prices and the advice and friendly manner is outstanding.

Old Timer

air is cool, but air-cooled is cooler!
1967 Aussie Built Type 1 1915 Deluxe
MemberTaz Devil
Seriously Crusin Dubber
King of scrapped knuckles

Threads: 16

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue
Mood: Chilled

posted on October 11th, 2011 at 06:31 PM

It is like most things. If you shop around you can get what you are after. The one thing that I do say for CVD is that he stocks some things that after ringing everywhere else they did not.

I am also a Brisbane local so am quite content to go to Micks Motors. Like everything though, they are a small team.

IMHO if you are not happy with the service go elsewhere, no use bagging the guy(s) out.

'69 VW Beetle.
Member77dual
Seriously Crusin Dubber

Threads: 17

posted on October 19th, 2011 at 06:57 PM

I got to say I'm very happy with the service i just received from CVD. I ordered a Pertronix ignition kit yesterday afternoon and I had it before lunchtime today. I ordered over the phone and the call was answered straight away.

First time I've used them and won't be the last.

cheers, Scotty
Member1916baja
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 176

posted on October 19th, 2011 at 08:07 PM

Classic is good if he has the stuff in stock, if not then i can be a big wait for it..... i have just had a terrible experience with him, i have been waiting for parts for 4 months and still did not get them, i sent everything back now so it's all over but i WILL still buy from him, it's probably already been said but the only reason he can supply parts as cheap as he does is due to the way he ships parts into the country, therefore its a long wait for his shipments to come in. If he tells you it will be in next Wednesday, save yourself the frustration and just grab that part from somewhere else as it probably wont be in :lol: But if he has it in stock you'll have it within a couple of days. Plus he is such a nice guy, it's really hard to stay mad at him :lol:

http://i432.photobucket.com/albums/qq43/1916baja/BigAssWing22.jpg
Member68AutoBug
A.k.a.: Lee Noonan
Aircooled Master
Beetle Restorer - Experience over 138% - YIKES --

Threads: 449

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Yellow
Mood: Really Mentally Ill - all of the time -

posted on October 19th, 2011 at 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by t_tuffnut
Hi Brett,

I've has similar experiences with Classic Vee Dubs, and I have called in the past. George doesn't like to charge for parts that he has on back order or has to order in, so he usually waits until he has the complete order before charging it to your credit card.

It can be frustrating, but he has always been very accommodating over the phone - which yes, is just about always engaged.

Here is a good US site http://www2.cip1.com/  but you may be waiting a bit longer for the shipping.

CIP1 are probably faster than George...
but the freight costs are over the moon....

also see https://vwparts.aircooled.net 

http:www.airheadparts.com

evw parts

Lee

- [size=4]Helping keep Air Cooled VWs on the road - location: SCONE in the Upper Hunter Valley - Northern NSW 320 kms NNW of SYDNEY--- [/size]
MemberImac
Commited Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 0

posted on October 20th, 2011 at 08:29 AM

I just rang George twice and he answered both times!!!!
MemberAnthiron
A.k.a.: Nicko McKay
Compulsive Aussie Vee Dubber
The Baja Rejuvenation Begins

Threads: 310

Mood: Hell hath no fury like a womans scorn for sega.

posted on October 20th, 2011 at 09:33 AM

I often buy from george, I also often buy from -

Mick Motors
CIP
CBPerformance
Ebay
Aussieveedubbers forum
Vintage VW sometimes

I am yet to try Volks but I am only hearing good things.

The thing is it is not like Classic is the only place you can get parts from.

I usually try Classic first. If he can't help me or parts are out of stock then I ring around or try USA stores etc. If I can't get through to George before I get through to someone else to order the part then I order from the other guy.

It's not rocket science.

I just ordered a lift kit from him for my baja. Took me a while, sent a few emails he replied to one. managed to get him on the phone. placed the order. Had the kit in about 2 days.

If his phone is always busy with business he can't be dissapointing too many people.

Like someone said above. It is a VOLKSWAGEN not a toyota. relax.

62/60 model bug eye baja bug, (Full Build in Progress)
1974 Chevrolet Luv
1970 MK2 Ford Cortina GT
1979 Yamaha RX125 Two Stroke tracker project.
2004 Harley Davidson Sportster XL Custom
MemberAussie Dubbin
Fahrvergnugen

Threads: 90

posted on October 20th, 2011 at 02:58 PM

As above ordered twice happy twice, stuff is usually empi or ther and has inherent quality issues but you do get what you pay for. I think George takes a few order each day in the moring and then takes the phone off the hook. Give him a call at start of business or just before and you will probably go ok. His postage is so cheap and parts too. As said though if he doesnt have it dont order it.
Cheers for the help george.

Memberbeetle1969
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 3

posted on April 5th, 2018 at 02:34 PM

Gave them a go but they don't seem interested , no reply to there "will only reply via email" ,
I was in the area and called in , have a heap of good stuff but the guy at counter didn't seem
interested in selling me anything. Was looking for the rubber grommet that goes through metal floor pan
to seal hose up to air cleaner , "yeah I don't think we got any of them at the moment"
and he went back to viewing his computer. so didn't bother asking about anything else and left.

What I emailed them for I ended up getting from Justkampers.
 Pages:  1  ..  3  4  5

Go To Top