[ Total Views: 2264 | Total Replies: 2 | Thread Id: 90303 ]
Author: Subject:  Low Back Seats
Memberjeremyluke
Seriously Crusin Dubber

Threads: 16

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Navy

exclamation.gif posted on May 6th, 2011 at 02:42 PM
Low Back Seats

About to get my seats and door panels retrimmed but would like to put Low Back seats back into my bug

Its an early 1971 Super, so should have them as they changed later in the year, but who ever got them retrimmed before me had them replaced with the high backs.

(Please no questions about why i want to put lowbacks in... I know its a safety thing, and yes its just a personal preference)

The seats need to be the 'T' shape runner, and condition doesnt really matter as they will be repadded and and reupholstered. Im willing to swap my set of matching front and rear seats plus door cards (had just been reupholstered befor the car was taken off the road 10 years ago, just need a clean, no rips or tears, blue fabric front and vinyl sides and backs.) but will need a set in return minus the door cards...

Live in Wollongong
Membergerggl
Wolfsburg Wizard

Threads: 33

Theme: UltimaBB Streamlined2
Mood: It is what it is !

posted on April 19th, 2012 at 03:37 PM

I have a set of low backs from my 76 Thing .....just been recovered .... will these work for you?

Greg Gordon-Lane

Brisbane

Vw's are part of life's journey .... get on board!

VW Safari / Thing 1976 - "A work in progress"

Ducati St4s - "Poetry in motion"
MemberSbug 71
Seriously Crusin Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 32

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on July 30th, 2012 at 07:44 PM

How did you go with the seats jeremyluke? I've still got the ones I took out of my 71. One's in poor condition and needs retrimming. The other is reasonable condition and could be used as is. I'm in Adelaide but if you can wait until January 2013 I'll be moving up to the Newcastle area and can bring them with me.

Let me know if you're interested.

Go To Top