Board Logo
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
[ Total Views: 1315 | Total Replies: 31 | Thread Id: 57449 ]
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject:  Monday 16th a current affair 7.00pm, somebody not happy with car
Memberxornge666x
Wolfsburg Wizard

Threads: 15

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: agnostic

posted on October 18th, 2006 at 02:17 AM

VW here in the US is a joke. Friend had a Jetta, took it to them as the immobiliser kept activating after the car started and it would cut out and that was it. Trucked it to the dealer, they sent her ignition assembly to Germany to get it 'reprogrammed', they fitted the car with a temporary ignition, but the problem was still there a day later...
They told her to keep the temp ignition and take the car somewhere else they didnt want to work on it anymore! They said they would post her ignition back to her once it returned... a couple of months away!!
Spoke to a few people at VW shows last week and they backed up my opinion on them.
This Jetta, a 2002 model in 60 000mi had 2 fuel pumps,an ignition coil/s, and now this. Pretty bad for a low milage 02 car I think...
What about the rivets from the diffs in transporters/golfs getting punched thru the bell housing/diff wall and emptying the gear box slowly... Saw that a few times back in oz! Quality, I think not...
The story of the cab may have been fancied up for the show, but the dealers and the cars definately have their issues.
Memberblutopless2
Veteran Volks Folk
DAMSLO

Threads: 187

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue

posted on October 18th, 2006 at 08:12 AM

after reading through the US NewBeetle forums over the past 2 years there is definitely a few common faults with them... the major complaint seems to be the electric windows not working, and i believe the common failure in the hardtop is the cable that drives the windows. The common failure in the cabrio is when the windows are supposed to drop a few inches as the door is opened to the first notch so the window clears the roof as the door is opened. We had this problem a few months after buying our cabrio... real risk of breaking the glass when opening and closing the doors if the window does not drop. The fix for this is to update the window regulators to the newer type - we had ours done and no probs for over 2 years.
Another major complaint is the roof operation. Seems some dont operate all the time. believe this is a fault with the positioning of the limit switches which tell the roof system where the roof is located. if the limit switches are not made then its like the roof has not moved its full travel. another complaint is the little wings which raise up to allow the rear supports to move forward or backwards on operation of the roof. fault is they stay up even when roof has moved full travel - they are meant to go down at the end of the roof travel. again i believe this is an issue with the limit switches.

We have not had any issues with our cabrio and due to this its going to be a keeper. :thumb

see.... air and water do mix ;)

1974 1300
1997 MK3 Golf GL
2003 NB Cabrio
2012 Golf VI GTI
2014 Audi A4 Quattro
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top