Author: Subject:  Installing retro sound radio 69 beetle
MemberBeigeSav1969
Casual Dubber

Threads: 13

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: Perplexed

posted on July 1st, 2015 at 12:36 PM
Installing retro sound radio 69 beetle

Just installed a retro sound radio into the 69 Beetle, worked great until I tried the wipers which are now snagging on the top of the radio. Anyone care to look at this pic and see if anything is a miss with the wiper motor or arms. I have no idea if this is the correct wiper motor for this car but it doesn't look to have been replaced. Called Retrosound and they said they've never had any problems with clearance before and that maybe the wiper unit is wrong.

Thanks Ryan

http://i1218.photobucket.com/albums/dd413/bluedogcartoons/20150701_121523_zpsxjxczrcf.jpg
Memberhulbyw
Insano Dub Head

No Avatar

Threads: 130

Mood: I'm OK, RU?

posted on July 1st, 2015 at 08:27 PM

Wiper motor looks similar to my '68 and I too have recently fitted a Retrosound. Can you see exactly where the wiper arms are hitting the radio? If hitting the top back edge, maybe you can adjust the radio mounts to get it closer to the back of the dash, that is, further away from the linkage. Also, your radio unit seems to have a thin plate on top, whereas mine doesn't have that plate.
Cheers.......Wayne
MemberBeigeSav1969
Casual Dubber

Threads: 13

Mood: Perplexed

posted on July 1st, 2015 at 08:52 PM

Hey wayne, thanks mate. I see what you mean by a plate on the top but that's just an optical illusion unfortunately. I can't go any closer to the dash but I had a play with it this arvo and managed to get it to sit a little lower. The wiper arm misses but only by a couple of mm.

If you happen to have the time mate I'd love to see a pic of yours from the back for comparison if it's not too much trouble. All good if it's a pain.

Thanks bud much appreciated

Go To Top