Author: Subject:  Bying a t4
Memberatozer
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 1

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on April 29th, 2017 at 06:51 AM
Bying a t4

Hi, I had a look at a 2002 T4 Caravelle, 2.5 petrol, auto with 200000km. It has a good log book and has had a recent cam belt/water pump change. But the engine sounds like a diesel from the outside, from the inside it is even louder and is accompanied by a decent vibration. Just sitting at idle it feels and sounds exactly like the cab of an old diesel truck. The seller says it's been like that since he bought it two years ago and he thought it was normal. The price is pretty good. Is it too much risk to purchase? Thanks for any advice.
Membermackaymanx
A.k.a.: Brent
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 97

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue
Mood: Brad'ed Off :td:

posted on April 29th, 2017 at 09:12 AM

The T4 has issues with the automatic, suggest you have a search around online for their problems.

Quote of the week
"Do I wish to send them to you again, nope, no interest can't be bothered really, to much hassle for little or no return."

http://www.vw-mplate.com/mplate2-18600.png
Memberatozer
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 1

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on April 29th, 2017 at 10:32 AM

I searched online and there is a lot of information around the transmission, DMVs, and diesel engines. But most of it was for diesel T5s. I didn't find anything that related directly to petrol T4's. I left the vehicle anyway fearing a $1000-2000 mechanic bill and got a nice T5 1.9 TD instead. Thanks for the advice.

Go To Top