Author: Subject:  Fuel gauge and sender
Memberripkirby
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 6

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on November 13th, 2017 at 03:37 PM
Fuel gauge and sender

My 6 volt '62 beetle was converted to 12 volt by previous owner. I have restored the car to everything original including the 6 volt system. The fuel gauge is marked 6 volt. Inside the gauge is a wound coil connected to the power terminal and in line with the movement coil but there is a fine wire soldered to it which effectively bypasses the coil. I am wondering if the coil acts as a resistor to be in line for 6 volt and bypassed for 12 volt. I have to get a new sender, probably the lever type that Das Resto say will work. Anyone know anything about this gauge?
Memberpaslow22
Seriously Crusin Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 54

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on November 14th, 2017 at 11:29 AM
Fuel gauge and sender

Quote:
Originally posted by ripkirby
My 6 volt '62 beetle was converted to 12 volt by previous owner. I have restored the car to everything original including the 6 volt system. The fuel gauge is marked 6 volt. Inside the gauge is a wound coil connected to the power terminal and in line with the movement coil but there is a fine wire soldered to it which effectively bypasses the coil. I am wondering if the coil acts as a resistor to be in line for 6 volt and bypassed for 12 volt. I have to get a new sender, probably the lever type that Das Resto say will work. Anyone know anything about this gauge?

Hi
I have a 6 volt gauge you can have if you want it, for postage only

Darryl

Go To Top