[ Total Views: 3855 | Total Replies: 31 | Thread Id: 32115 ]
 Pages:  1  2
Author: Subject: Vehicle Speed Sensors
Membersubaruboxer
Officially Full-On Dubber

Threads: 20

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on September 2nd, 2006 at 07:20 PM

I am using a VSS that bolts directly to the speedo of my beetle.
I was standing at a traffic light, as I was thinking about the VSS, when a taxi (cab) stopped next to me. And thought: how are they getting the taxameter running?
I knew of a taxi workshop just a few streets away, went there and asked for it! They had several differnt types.
I took one that I thought would fit the speedo of my beetle and it turned out to be just the right one!!!
It gives only two signals, but it seems to be okay for the ECU. It is a METRON unit.

Error
Sorry, you must be a registered user in order to download attachments.
Memberflat_iv
Seriously Crusin Dubber

Threads: 28

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on September 7th, 2006 at 11:44 AM

I know that VDO has a 16 pulse vss that the stock vw speedo cable screws into but with that many pulses wouldnt that start to interfere with the rev limiter or the ECU controlling the air and fuel mixture?
What does everyone think about using a barrel type hall switch? Tap a hole into the front spindle and have the hall switch read the webs inside of the rotor. There are 4 webs. Looking at the rotor the webs taper from the inside of the rotor to the outside. The only modifications I can see is if the hall switch didnt see the webs because of the taper. The solution would be to machine a small flat on all webs.

Richard
 Pages:  1  2

Go To Top