Board Logo
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
[ Total Views: 1563 | Total Replies: 3 | Thread Id: 50665 ]
Author: Subject:  Deck to Amp to Speaker and Woofer advice needed.
Membercrewcabconnection
Custom Title Time!
Being Sid James

Threads: 293

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: Looking forward to week 10

posted on April 6th, 2006 at 09:45 PM
Deck to Amp to Speaker and Woofer advice needed.

I've been aquiring bits for the audio/av in my bus...not an expert in this area ... but want to turn out a decent result.

I've got an amp - which is a 150W x 4 channel. Has 2 bridges, with for speaker inputs.

It has Av inputs - left/right for the front input ... left right input and output for the rear. Some dials with words gain, lpf and hpf on them.

I've got 4 speakers - Pioneer 6x9s, Max power 260w - model TS A69691E if that means much.

I've got a motorised 7" dash LCD and TV unit.

A 10" roof mount LCD - both have AV outs and ins.

I've got a 15" monitor LCD (240v), but bought a component RGB to VGA adaptor box and a 300W interter to run it.

Some lame head unit MP3 player of the Yum-Cha variety (will updgrade that later). It's 160W.

It's got RCA front and rear (2 outs), CD In and subwoofer outs all RCA. It also was thin wires for Left/Right front and L/R rear.

I've got a DVD player - 4 pin 2x2 matrix AUX in and L/R audio and video out.

I've got a cabinet with 2, 12" Subs in it.

--------------------------------------

The idea is to have the mp3/radio and dvd player under the dash, mounted the 7" LCD in the dah hole (theres only one hole on an old bus)...the 15" monitor is in the cargo bulk head, the 10" LCD is in the rear parcel area (roof mount). Speakers I'd planned to fit 2 in the cab (it's a 3 seater bench font with a cab deivider behind the front seat, so they have to go in the front kick panels under the dash I guess) and then 2 in the bulk head in the cargo area - either side of the monitor.

What I am trying to achieve is the DVD player showing images on all three LCDs with the audo comming off the DVD player, or audio off the mp3/radio/CD player while having video image off the DVD player - so can play different audio to the original video's audio if I want.

I'm not trying to be flash - just to have 'decent' sound and vision.

-----------------------------------------

As it's a 'split screen' 67 VW panel van...it's pretty basic in it's sound deadening - ie nothing right now. I'm building a mobile espresso van - so the idea is to be able to have AV running at car shows and events at the same time as selling coffee. There's room inside for 4 people to sit and watch TV, and I want the rear LCD to run video etc, so people can see it out of the rear hatch.

I will install a small PC and be running wireless internet off it - hense the need for a small LCD monitor - so at some point would like to be able to switch the DVD and Head unit signal off in favour of the 'puter.

My aim is to have something 'different' at car/club shows other than selling coffee, so some noise to attract customers would be good, so people outside can 'hear it' and want to come and have a look...

Is the above do-able off the stuff that I've bought?

What 'cables' should I buy?

What other bits do I need to get it working?

As I have no idea what I'm doing really, I would like it to sound good to the average bloke in a field, but not sure if I can run or need tweeters? those little speakers?

It's 12v, and will run separate battery for this lot. Advice appreaciated....seen the car audio australia forum ... but don't understand most of it...

cheers

[ Edited on 7-4-2006 by crewcabconnection ]

Loves a lolcat
MemberDubCrazy
A.k.a.: steff
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 145

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue
Mood: painting anything in front of me

posted on April 6th, 2006 at 10:00 PM

first thing to do

THROW THE 6x9's in the bin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

use mids and tweeters they will make all the difference... the easiest way i can explain it is... u are going to look at two cars one runs like a bag of shite coughing and farting but looks the dogs bollocks, the other looks clean and runs like a dream what do u buy?

6x9's look flash sound shite i dont care what anyone says talk to anyone who builds proper installs and they will all tell you the same dont touch them!!

Its the little things that make of break such ventures as this. you want people to enjoy they time in your van, around your van then let them listen to crisp clear sound not muffled baby farts!!!

You will be needing extra battery power to run all this , are you planing to use a generator when parked up and selling or have the engine running or something else? as it depends on what your going to do to what you need..

As for what you need rather than try to explain it it would probley be easier for you to pop to your local stereo supplier and installer as they will be able to show you what u need ...

steff............................

Life with out a v-dub is no life at all!!!!!
Membercrewcabconnection
Custom Title Time!
Being Sid James

posted on April 7th, 2006 at 09:02 PM

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c301/crewcabconnection/amp2.jpg

Maybe this is better ... this is the set up (I'm fine with the video and AV setup/router/pc/modem side of it)....it's the deck, amp and speakers that I have no idea about - not concerned too much with 'brand' etc., right now, just want to set it up and test it. I haven't included the 2 12" subs in the diagram, just the RCA output to them - but then don't they need to go to the amp??? see???

The lower section shows the amp input/outputs - what the? don't understand the B+ and the REMOTE, and also the RCA inputs verses the thin wires ... as the deck seems to supply both out.

So kinda have no idea how to wire up the bottom bit....help?????

Loves a lolcat
Membercrewcabconnection
Custom Title Time!
Being Sid James

posted on April 8th, 2006 at 02:17 PM

thanks for the massive response ... I've sus'd it out.

Loves a lolcat

Go To Top