Author: Subject:  Water to Air Intercooler doing its job
Member72type3wrx
Seriously Crusin Dubber

Threads: 61

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on November 7th, 2007 at 09:03 AM
Water to Air Intercooler doing its job

hey guys

I have had a load of problems getting my Water to air intercooler running correctly, I went through 2 Davies Craig ancillary water pumps. these are the worst parts I have ever used, no flow and becomes off balance after running for a couple of minutes with inadequate water supply. with this pump my intake temp climbed to 80 degrees at about 13 lb, since re researching water pumps I learnt that most new luxury cars are using a similar pump to recirculate hot water to their heater cores.

I purchased 2 x Hella water pumps from a 7 series BMW pumps for $150 from a BMW wreckers, straight away it flowed at least double the Davies Craig units and soon after installing the system had bleed all the air pockets out and my temps are now down to a max of 45 and a low of around 25 degrees.

Time for more BOOST!

1972 Type 3 Fast back, RS Turbo 2ltr, VF34/P20,
3" Exhaust, WAIC, Wolf 3D, Sard 540cc's, Swirl pot and VL Fuel pump, Apexi CAI, Custom VW 4spd with straight cut albins 3.87 R&P, stock brakes
Member1303Steve
A.k.a.: Steve Carter
Scirocco Rare

Threads: 556

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: Parrot Heading

posted on November 7th, 2007 at 10:38 AM

Hi

I used a Grocco agricultural pump on my 1302, they're used for hosing down deck on fishing boats and feeding live bait tanks. I later found that MRT used them on Liberty upgrades.

I had heaps of trouble getting it to prime. What I ended up doing was fitting a garden hose connector into t piece before the pump and pressurise the line until the pump ran by itself.

Steve

Go To Top