A.k.a.: Kim
Custom Title Time!
disfunctionally capable

Threads: 84

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: always bleary

posted on December 31st, 2007 at 02:28 PM
broken down - misc ramblings

nothing much happening at the moment - so thought I would rattle off all this...
Has anybody noticed that there seems to be far more broken down cars on Christmas day than any other day, unmaintained & not that often distance driven cars suddenly on their one big outing of the year - & of course clag packed with family - road service guys must dread working Christmas day.

eldest son did road trip to Perth in his R31 Skyline only one 225/35 x 17" tyre came to grief, in desert WA , far better than I had feared would happen, as he would not take extra spare, biggest problem in changing it was the nearby snake taking some interest in proceedings - took him 3.5 days to get there & 3 days to drive back to Sydney, spent 4 or 5 days there. on arriving back he announced that he saw 4 kombis - 2 on back of tow trucks, one broken down on side of Hwy & one proceeding under it's own power.

Been desperately trying to find auto car for youngest son who just got licence, kept just missing out on good ones & was constantly searching for "fresh" ads found an apparently good Sigma, $1200 owned by young girl, supposedly serviced regualy by local garage, dad was there to help sel it when we go there, looked OK but oil stains on the road where it parks, so thought I would open bonnet before starting it, front of motor looked like it had been assembled by a kid, blue silastic everywhere, yep apprentice mechanic brother had been loking after it. took of radiator car, no coolant visible, so I put 2 litres of water in. started it up, big hole in exhaust, dad says, "yeah we know, lets us know when the daughters home been like that a while" auto linkage was also faulty, would not select gears including park.Dad says "dont worry it always does that, just keep trying" Rotten thing is the car drove realy really well on the road, but we sure were not gonna buy that. Got home to find a very good Nissan Pintara (R31 rear wheel drive) $1000 with long rego - big rush to gert there. & soon as I saw it decided to buy it, worlds most boring car unliker Skyline equiv, but good hack. it had 253,373 on the speedo, 30km later it still had that, the odometer is broken & going on old papers could have been broken for 3 years, so I guess the timing belt will break sometime soon, will put it in the NRMA so that it can be towed from where it dies

thas it, rambling rambling

Please, I need drivers side window regulator (winder mechanism) for my '54 http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l266/Kombikim/avatar1.jpg
Super Administratorvw54
Super Administrator
Always Waiting 4 Friday

Rank Avatar

No Avatar

Threads: 378

Mood: Oval resto ongoing

posted on December 31st, 2007 at 02:39 PM

ramble ramble

Memberpod
A.k.a.: paul mrvw061
Compulsive Aussie Vee Dubber
i`ve got to finish this thing one day

Threads: 145

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Yellow
Mood: could be better

posted on December 31st, 2007 at 02:44 PM

sounds like my sons vk commodore ,body not rusty where they usually go ,had 174k on the clock ,drives well ,then later on found that the oddometer only works when it wants,with these new learn to drive booklets wanting klms done its a bit bloody hard,so off to the wreckers we will go during my chrissy hols:crazy:

meetings 1st sunday of the month
check wbsite for location
All Welcome
http://www.flatfour.org/ 
and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/FlatFour 
Memberkombikim
Custom Title Time!
disfunctionally capable

posted on December 31st, 2007 at 02:50 PM

yeah, well as far as R31's go I went to Pick & payless they had about 20 cars, no speedo's just a lot of pulled apart mess, with the odometer drive gear missing, crappy clear plastic, at least I know where the problem is, & that it is common. Biggest issue with cars these days & broken odometer is timing belt

Please, I need drivers side window regulator (winder mechanism) for my '54 http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l266/Kombikim/avatar1.jpg
MemberTazz
A.k.a.: Tazz Devil
Custom Title Time!
Old Skool

Threads: 109

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Black
Mood: facisious

posted on December 31st, 2007 at 03:49 PM

So true. And not knowing just how many K's its done is always a worry. With the price of petrol always on the rise, the demand for smaller cars is getting out of hand. Even i sold my 4.2l turbo D nissan for a small runabout hyundai.
Gone are the days of taking the kids to the beach in my old V8 XA hardtop, no aircon with the windows down to beat the heat. Ramble.....

Tazz

1962 Type3 Squareback
1967 Type3 Fastback "Kermit"

The truth is important. It will set you free
Memberkombikim
Custom Title Time!
disfunctionally capable

posted on December 31st, 2007 at 04:31 PM

I wanted something auto, Laser size & under $1500 With 6 months rego, but you have to be on their doorstep 30 mins after they place the advert for something like that. Yeah, aircon is good when you get old, but only our Pajero has it, & wife has firm hold on it. Pintara superseads Beautiful 86 Crown which has leaking head gasket & leaking transmission, 13mpg on Premium unleaded, cost per 100km is horrific, as such it is going to recyclers in a week or so.

MemberJoel
Scirocco Rare
Now containing 100% E-Wang

Threads: 211

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Purple
Mood: Tact Level 0.00

posted on January 1st, 2008 at 12:48 PM

keep me the blower off it :dork: LOL

Go To Top