Board Logo
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
[ Total Views: 634 | Total Replies: 7 | Thread Id: 66756 ]
Author: Subject:  The Iron, the Witch and the Wardrobe!
MemberGTMac
A.k.a.: Andrew
Fahrvergnugen

Threads: 246

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: Always asleep

posted on December 30th, 2007 at 11:26 AM
The Iron, the Witch and the Wardrobe!

And so the tale goes................................I was always under the impression that holidays had some "me" time in it.

Well I started working on the VW again this morning forgetting that I had to go get a new iron that I somehow forgot all last week. Purchased :)

Start on the VW again but no, I forgot that the antique wardrobe I promised to paint whilst the weather was good was still siting beneath all my tools, actually it became my tool wardrobe. So a quick sand and a lash of paint. The wife comes out and stares at me, I give the old "what" look like the guy in the Hahn Extra Dry add. The wife then says it would be nice if I gave the wardrobe as much attention as the VW, undercoat and a decent rub back would be nice and you can get the smirk off your face, not realising I was only smiling because she actually new something technical.

I hear you all saying so what about the witch..........................end of story, I let you work that one out :lol:

1971 Type 3 Fasty - EJ20T

I love 242HP sleepers. :crazy:

How many sets of lights does it take a $229k Carrera S to learn? :lol: UPDATE: Cayman S, M3, B4 now added to the list.
Memberpod
A.k.a.: paul mrvw061
Compulsive Aussie Vee Dubber
i`ve got to finish this thing one day

Threads: 145

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Yellow
Mood: could be better

posted on December 30th, 2007 at 11:41 AM

they just dont understand,we have priorities:tu:

meetings 1st sunday of the month
check wbsite for location
All Welcome
http://www.flatfour.org/ 
and on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/FlatFour 
Membergreedy53
Bishop of Volkswagenism

Threads: 468

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Grey
Mood: strung out

posted on December 30th, 2007 at 03:53 PM

we have problems and the sooner they leanr about them the better
my wife don't understand me and i hope she never does because than she will realise how bloody shallow i am but i love it
that robe was lucky to get any attention at all bloody lucky

:yes::yes::lol::no::ninja::grind::dork:
Memberberserkerbus
Commited Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 2

Mood: Cruisin

posted on December 30th, 2007 at 10:26 PM

I hear you all. My wife does not like my habit of collecting VW "shit" as she calls it. It (Dual Cab Split) is in the garage, while her Toyota is in the elements. Then all of my engines and "crap" is taking all of the space on the patio (he he he) while we wait for the shed to be built. She can't wait for the car space and patio back. I am perversely liking this, so do not care if the contractor takes his sweet arsed time.

And all of this bad attitude towards my VWs stems from a dodgy VW mechanic who used a wood screw to hold a seat together and it collapsed on her in traffic causing her to floor the beetle and cause choas in the road. Wrecked the Beetle and all, still not happy....

At least you have a robe, my wife wants me to piss the Splitty DC off and for me to build her a cabinet for some crap (not VW)....God must hate me :yes: bb
MemberSioux
Seriously Crusin Dubber

Threads: 14

posted on December 31st, 2007 at 10:02 AM

i still live with the olds, just having finished school and all. my missus loves the dub, but mother keeps on piling crap into dad and i's work space.

the shed currently consists of mothers sewing refuge, boxes and boxes of fabric infested by mice, big post tubes she's kept for sending curtains, broken appliances she doesnt want to throw away ?, and whatever she decides she wants to bring home from garage sales and never use

we've been kicked to the driveway :lol:

http://i128.photobucket.com/albums/p171/Sioux71/Sioux-avd.jpg

Memberpete wood
A.k.a.: figure itout
23 Windows of Awesome

Threads: 389

Theme: UltimaBB Pro White
Mood: upgrades = jackstands

posted on January 1st, 2008 at 09:22 AM

^ wait till she goes out one day and take it all to the tip. ;) or take a leaf out of midlife crisis' book and send her a [fake] letter from the council complaining about all the dead apliances. tell her their full of asbestos or something! :smilegrin:

btw, it's been 12 months since our extention was finished and I've only just been allowed to throw out all the left over materials (that were always useless anyway) that were keeping the missus new car out of my large shed. no surprise, that it took a huge hailstorm to damage said new car before I got to it and moved all the junk. :sniffle:

"stoopid is stronger than axles"
http://drivingnotpolishing.blogspot.com.au/ 
Membershaihulud
Custom Title Time!

No Avatar

Threads: 197

posted on January 1st, 2008 at 10:15 AM

Last night I went to a New Years Eve party at a nice two storey house on a subdivision duplex block at the rear of an old house. The weather was nice so we all sat outside under a pergola that was attached to the garage. All I could think of was how, if the house was mine, I would enclose the pargola to make the garage at least a half way decent size.

That's pretty tragic isn't it?
Memberpete wood
A.k.a.: figure itout
23 Windows of Awesome

Threads: 389

Theme: UltimaBB Pro White
Mood: upgrades = jackstands

posted on January 1st, 2008 at 03:37 PM

^ no no no.....yes :crazy:

"stoopid is stronger than axles"
http://drivingnotpolishing.blogspot.com.au/ 

Go To Top