Regards,

Matt.

Membershaihulud
Custom Title Time!

No Avatar

Threads: 197

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on January 5th, 2008 at 06:31 PM

Thanks for the PM Matt. You are not interfering.

There was a half page article in The West Australian about Grahams lost classic VWs today.

Graham is a member of long standing in the WA VW Club and he is greatly respected.

When I spoke to Graham, I offered to arrange a working bee of club members to help with a clean up, but he declined as he wants to do the rumaging for salvagable items himself. I'm sure he wants to be alone while he does that and reminisces. I'm sure that occasionally he will become very sad while doing that. and would want to be alone.
He also said that his shed and contents were insured and that the cleanup and shed re-building would be done by the insurance company.
The cars were not insured as separate items, so I don't know how that will work out.
He's not sure if it will be worth his while to rebuild the burnt out shells as the metal may have been softened, the chassis distorted and even the torsion bars retempered. I think he needs to be left alone to sort that out in his own time.
I offered to organise a wake. He laughed and declined.
Maybe we could organise a shed warming party in his new shed with a new project as the centre piece. He's already worked out what that will be.

I'll keep in touch with him and keep everyone informed.

Richard.

PS can you tell the guys on dsk (I'm not a member) that it's all being sorted and they will be kept informed? Please also thank them for their concern.
MemberMatt Ryan
A.k.a.: Matt Ryan
Fahrvergnugen

Threads: 107

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: Fweemin

posted on January 5th, 2008 at 07:20 PM

Richard,

Did a cut & paste of your reply over at DSK.

You should join, they're a good mob, (with a wicked sense of humour + a lot of them are on AVD too)
I've only ever had type 1's but get treated as an equal anyway, as long as I don't put shit on splitties, LOL.
(they're getting too expensive to use as a garden shed these days anyway)

Regards,

Matt.

Go To Top