Author: Subject:  Stereo/Amp Questions
MemberDaveCarter
Officially Full-On Dubber

Threads: 16

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue
Mood: has the super bug

question.gif posted on August 10th, 2009 at 05:18 PM
Stereo/Amp Questions

OK so this is my amp. It only drives my sub, a JVC, duel pickup (or whatever you call it when it has 2 cores/magnets and takes 2 inputs). I am re wiring it all and just have a few questions. 1. ATM i have both the LPF and the HPF on. Is this right? 2. I want to turn it up so should i turn the little nobs towards 6v or 0.3v. 3. should i run a L & R to both front and rear via RCA or just the left to the front and right to rear (or vice versa) as they are both going to the same sub? 4. Can you see anything else im doing wrong?

Error
Sorry, you must be a registered user in order to download attachments.

MemberPauld

Threads: 25

Theme: UltimaBB Pica Red

posted on August 10th, 2009 at 11:51 PM

turn the high pass filter off, unless you want to play vocals through the sub and turn to 6v, also what head unit are you running? As that makes a massive difference having that set right
MemberDaveCarter

posted on August 11th, 2009 at 12:21 AM

A decent JVC one. Not sure the model. These 2 pics are the best i have of the head unit atm but yeah i know it is set up pretty right. I'm not bad with that stuff. Its just not being sue about amps

http://clubvw.org.au/images/P2280144.jpg
http://clubvw.org.au/images/P8230610.jpg

Yeah haha *facepalm* for not looking at my amp when my dad isntalled it for me. Now im re wiring it we both kinda double guessed what he did the first time.

Member1303Steve
A.k.a.: Steve Carter
Scirocco Rare

Threads: 556

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: Parrot Heading

posted on August 11th, 2009 at 09:38 AM

Hi

Its a JVC deck, KD-VD7205. It has preouts (4x L&R, front & rear and sub out) that I was running to the sub amp, the other speakers are running off the deck.

The amp has 2 bridgeable out connections, one for the front and one for the rear.

So do we run the L&R, front & rear preouts into the amp, we were just using the sub out?

The amp has a switch on the front circuit labelled HPF, on or off

On the rear circuit it has switch labelled LPF, on or off.

Steve
MemberBurgo
Slammed & Awesome Dubber

Threads: 30

Theme: UltimaBB Psyche Blue
Mood: Awesome

posted on August 23rd, 2009 at 10:44 PM

DAVE! howd you do the racing (black and white) dash??! cause i have vinyl checkerboard flooring on my dub and that would match orgasmicaly with it!
MemberDaveCarter

posted on August 24th, 2009 at 12:56 AM

Just some checkerboard vinyl. I have it on my windscreen as well. If you are in sydney i will get my dad (1303steve) to throw up the details of where he got it. I would love to see your floor if you could chuck some pics up. Checkerboard is becoming the theme of my car lol. Would you happen to be another ska fan like myself or just a fan of the checkerboard?

Error
Sorry, you must be a registered user in order to download attachments.

MemberDaveCarter

posted on August 24th, 2009 at 12:59 AM

OK so i totally didn't even take the effort to read you are from Brisbane. But yeah it is just some checkerboard vinyl that you can find around easily enough. And the dash on the 1303 has that little pannel removable so we just took it out, vinyled it, then put it back in. I love the look of it though. Gets some good looks at shows lol. Oh an another checkerboard thing is my speedo which you can see at the link in my signature

MemberBurgo
Slammed & Awesome Dubber

Threads: 30

Theme: UltimaBB Psyche Blue
Mood: Awesome

posted on August 24th, 2009 at 06:19 PM

Yeah i gotta get myself some of the smaller squares for the dash like you did :yes:, heres what i have done in mine. this pic was taken ages ago, when i had taken the passenger seat out and had allot of crap on that side, but you get the general idea aye.

http://i703.photobucket.com/albums/ww34/Burgodawg/IMG_1492.jpg 

heres my other thread as well: http://forums.aussieveedubbers.com/viewtopic.php?tid=74320#pid691579 

Nice dub by the way, very sweet! Im gonna get some sweet bass in a couple weeks.
Membervwvic
Seriously Crusin Dubber

Threads: 19

Theme: UltimaBB Streamlined2

posted on November 9th, 2009 at 11:07 PM

It sounds like you have a dual voice coil sub it will have two 4 ohm or two 2 ohm coils in it , the amp is not the right one to run a Dual Voice Coil sub.You have a 4 channel amp that is designed to run a set of full range speakers from the front on full range or high pass,you cannot use this output as a low pass for a sub and a set of full range rears or 1 single voice coil 4 ohm sub.
You will need a mono-block sub amp or a large bridgeable two channel depending on the impedance of your sub coils.
If you run a dual voice coil sub off a four channel the way yours is hooked up you will get slight phase variations in the signals coming from the separate channels,so the two coils are fighting against each other.Also one coil is getting a full range signal and the other a low pass signal,NOT GOOD FOR YOUR SUB.

59 beetle,61 beetle,72 dual cab,58 beetle,55 splitty,
65 manx,74 camper,60 Rat beetle.....and many more to come

Go To Top