Board Logo
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
[ Total Views: 846 | Total Replies: 19 | Thread Id: 81675 ]
Author: Subject:  Ipad or Vee-Dub parts? what should it be.
Memberjjwebb123
A.k.a.: Jason
Wolfsburg Wizard

Threads: 63

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue
Mood: Trying to get it puring

question.gif posted on January 28th, 2010 at 02:37 PM
Ipad or Vee-Dub parts? what should it be.

For some time now i have known that in 2010 apple will release there (so called well kept secret) the ipad.If you haven't already heard about it on the news this morning,the ipad is a cross between an iphone and a tablet computer.With several stunning features.now the suggested price for the normal ipad without wifi and next G is roughly $550 aus:crazy:.and the next up version with wifi and nextG connection is suggested to be around $700 but very roughly.

Now the reason this is on a vw forum is i was wondering what i could get for my beetle with that sort of money:blush:.one ipad for almost $800 or several vw parts.

So let me know what you think i could get for my car with that sort of money.:lol:

cheers

"A car for the people, an affordable Volkswagen, would bring great joy to the masses and the problems of building such a car must be faced with courage."
Adolf Hitler At opening of 1934 Berlin Auto Show
MemberOcta
Wolfsburg Wizard
veedub recluse

Threads: 23

Theme: UltimaBB Vintage

posted on January 28th, 2010 at 03:44 PM

New rims?

Don't go for the iPad, it is just not up to scratch... It offers 3G data but no 3G voice????? why is that? (Politics with carriers I think). Also, no built-in camera. That means you cannot use Skype with video... dumb!

Anyway, here is a funny video somebody send me.... some may be offended, some not... I accept no responsibility for the crudeness of it all. But I was ROTFL watching it.

Enjoy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsjU0K8QPhs&feature=player_embedded 

'We teach best what we most need to learn'

VW no more... sigh.... well, at least it's a cousin http://www.ozaudi.com/forums/images/smilies/kissmyrings.gif
Member71dub
Officially Full-On Dubber

Threads: 46

Mood: happy

posted on January 28th, 2010 at 04:00 PM

better to spend your money on your bug much more satisfaction and you know it will work
Memberamazeer
A.k.a.: Surly Duff
Bishop of Volkswagenism

Threads: 387

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: bitter

posted on January 28th, 2010 at 08:32 PM

what is an ipad for? Is it simply a tablet computer that makes phone calls? Why would you want that? I dont see it replacing the mobile phone. I dont think its going to take on computers, you have to put your greasy fingerprints on it to type. My OCD tendencies cant deal with fingerprints. I just dont see the point of an A4 sized iphone. I cant see it being a big seller. But then I heard on the radio a story by an old irish bloke. When he was a kid working on the family farm they'd go down to the spring and have a drink of water. His old man would say "jesus, this stuff is worth bottling". If only he had patented that idea.

http://users.tpg.com.au/berzerk/Chris/images/polo/banner2.jpghttp://mefi.us/images/fuelly/smallsig-metric/157217.png

Membercolonel mustard
Son of Jim - Creator of Good

No Avatar

Threads: 51

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Black

posted on January 28th, 2010 at 09:09 PM

it doesn't make calls as far as im aware....

apple are just trying to get into the book market. they have heaps of the music sales market, phone market, mp3 player market and computer market... they are just expanding.

Ipad = web browser and book reader.... no phone or mp3 as far as im aware... but please tell me im wrong.
MemberSmiley
A.k.a.: Daniel Stephens
Veteran Volks Folk

Threads: 110

Mood: Synchro'd

posted on January 28th, 2010 at 09:19 PM

Read more here

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ipad 

Smiley

If you said I was a Volkswagen man, you'd be right.
Memberamazeer
Bishop of Volkswagenism

posted on January 28th, 2010 at 09:24 PM

so it an A4 sized iPod touch then?

I read an article on smh that said a lot of the features wont be available on the Oz spec version, at least for now.

http://users.tpg.com.au/berzerk/Chris/images/polo/banner2.jpghttp://mefi.us/images/fuelly/smallsig-metric/157217.png

Memberjjwebb123
Wolfsburg Wizard

posted on January 28th, 2010 at 09:40 PM

yeah,it does have mp3,images,book,web, ipod touch and tablet computer.and in my IT opinion i think they have done a good job releasing it.I do think though that instead of two versions of different price ranges they should of just had one,with all the features.

new rims, is that all i can get :lol:

cmon guys :)

"A car for the people, an affordable Volkswagen, would bring great joy to the masses and the problems of building such a car must be faced with courage."
Memberwarb
Custom Title Time!
gimme some butter im on a roll.....

Threads: 118

Mood: ORR50M

posted on January 28th, 2010 at 10:03 PM

http://i.imgur.com/oRffH.jpg
Memberwarb
Custom Title Time!
gimme some butter im on a roll.....

Threads: 118

Mood: ORR50M

posted on January 28th, 2010 at 10:08 PM

.. buy dub parts.. :smilegrin:
MemberPhil74Camper
Head in the Clouds

Threads: 193

posted on January 29th, 2010 at 07:09 AM

Maybe I'm just an old fart but I don't get all this modern iStuff. My IBM laptop is 5 years old and still works fine. My PC is at least the same age. I have the simplest mobile phone that I use for calls and SMS only. For games I use my PlayStation 2. For music I play CDs, or even (gasp) vinyl LPs. I don't even know what wifi or next G is.

There are heaps of things you could do for your VW for that money. Have it professionally serviced by a quality VW mechanic from top to bottom to ensure everything works. Replace all your brake shoes, ball joints, fuel lines and rubber boots. Change the engine and gearbox oils, and replace the brake fluids. Have all the chrome parts professionally rechromed. Treat your VW to a professional detailing to get it gleaming inside and out.

Buy some VW books and DVDs and enjoy.
MemberHappyDaze
A.k.a.: Greg Mackie
Superannuated

Threads: 141

Mood: Happy enough

posted on January 29th, 2010 at 07:22 AM

NO CONTEST! If you haven't already got them, how about a set of GOOD tyres?

Cheers, Greg

I'd rather wear a Beetle out by racing it than by polishing it!
MemberSides
A.k.a.: Dave Sidery
Veteran Volks Folk

Threads: 59

Mood: Need... more... shed... time...

posted on January 29th, 2010 at 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by jjwebb123... in my IT opinion i think they have done a good job releasing it.

Sort of implies you work in IT... but you don't already know not to bother with it ???

Yes iPad is a good idea, and I genuinely think it will be an important first step for Apple with Tablet computing... wait for their second step... the 2nd gen next iPad will be far more capable, less restricted, lighter, better battery life and most importantly.... cheaper.

Remember all the tablet PC's that were so popular 3 or 4 years ago... ever own or use one ??? They sucked for anything other than taking notes or sending e-mails during a meeting... can you even buy a table PC now ???

Spend your $$$ on the Volksy instead... old car's are the complete opposite of technology... the longer you delay, the more expensive they get.

;)

VWDCQ vice pres & web dude - vwdcqinc.org.au
Join a car club - get car peeps

My toys
'70 Hillclimb Bug 'Jezebel' w/- Haltech EFI - http://bit.ly/VwTNtQ 
'60 KG Coupe - resto kinda started
01 New Beetle - gf's car, but I turn the spanners
MemberdAVo
Seriously Crusin Dubber

Threads: 8

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Black

posted on January 29th, 2010 at 03:19 PM

Buy parts. Either that or just buy an iPhone. Apparently they can do more and I don't think they're as expensive. That way you'll have change to buy some parts as well.
Memberwaveman1500
Custom Title Time!
Also rides a Honda

Threads: 13

posted on January 29th, 2010 at 04:08 PM

Webers! $800 would roughly get you either a brand new centre-mount single IDF kit or perhaps a used kit for twin IDFs? Must be better value than the iPad, surely. If all you want to do is web browse then just spend $400 and get a netbook which can run rings around the iPad. Asus, Acer, HP/Compaq, just about everyone makes a faster, better equipped computer for half the price. Is it really worth paying double the money just for an Apple logo? It's kind of like buying a new BMW or something, just a waste of money paying for the brand name if you ask me.

I apologise in advance, but I had to post this: http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3191/3028180734_f5e5c4e126.jpg 

Memberjjwebb123
Wolfsburg Wizard

posted on January 31st, 2010 at 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Sides
Quote:
Originally posted by jjwebb123... in my IT opinion i think they have done a good job releasing it.

Sort of implies you work in IT... but you don't already know not to bother with it ???

;)

well your right i do work in IT,and im not going to buy it straight away.Because i know that most first editions are buggy and second editions improve(sometimes).I was just saying that the idea is the way of the future windows 7 background purpose if touch screen features with some PC models already released with that.It was only a matter of time before this item was released and if you look back in time,this is definitely something new and forthcoming.i praise apple for this.

but i did not intend this thread to be solely on the ipad,i just wanted to see what you can get for that sort of money. As ever since i got my beetle every item i see that i want to buy i compare what i could get with that money for my car LOL.:lol:

Memberamazeer
Bishop of Volkswagenism

posted on January 31st, 2010 at 05:48 PM

bought my daughter a 32GB ipod touch for christmas, seems to be everything an ipad is, but only cost $400.

MemberJoel
Scirocco Rare
Now containing 100% E-Wang

Threads: 211

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Purple
Mood: Tact Level 0.00

posted on January 31st, 2010 at 06:49 PM

geez all these new I toys coming out are getting beyond a joke
i bet most of these people that buy them dont even use 90% of the features.
my ipod nano plays music thats all i want from it. not to do the dishers and solve world hunger

http://image-cache.boostcruising.com/database/forums/files/post-180458-12647688231220196809.jpg
Memberjjwebb123
Wolfsburg Wizard

posted on January 31st, 2010 at 07:36 PM

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: joel for prime minister.so true.lol

MemberJoel
Scirocco Rare
Now containing 100% E-Wang

Threads: 211

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Purple
Mood: Tact Level 0.00

posted on January 31st, 2010 at 08:49 PM

ha! didnt take long....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_EcybyLJS8 

Go To Top