Board Logo
Go To Bottom

Printable Version  
[ Total Views: 18454 | Total Replies: 146 | Thread Id: 84534 ]
 Pages:  1  2  3  4  5
Author: Subject:  Classic Vee-Dub - Huh?
MemberVDUBXTC
A.k.a.: Jace
Wolfsburg Elder
Tea Bag

Threads: 678

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Navy
Mood: swept off my feet by an Ang3l

posted on July 18th, 2010 at 02:17 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by XXX-1.8T
George is the best!

x1

Jasmine the 75 L Bug
56 oval, 2000 New Beetle
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v428/vw0064/jessace2.jpg
MemberOldTimer
Seriously Crusin Dubber

Threads: 30

Theme: UltimaBB Pro White
Mood: In constant awe

posted on December 20th, 2010 at 08:02 PM

I know that this is an old post, but I just thought I'd add my two cents worth.

I've ordered quite a few things from George over the past couple of month's, and have had really good service.
The parts have been delivered within days of ordering, and he even contacted me to advise that he could do better than the sites price on one of my parts. He said he was about to put them up as a "Special" in the next week - so he said he'd only charge me the "Special" price. A saving of around $100.00! He didn't have to do that, and I'm not too sure his competitors would have.

I guess we all have good and bad experiences with different suppliers - I just happend to have good ones with Classic Vee-Dubs and George so far.

I'm in Brisbane, so I do get most of my stuff from Mick Motors - but they can't always get what I want, or in a time I need to have them. Don't get me wrong, Micks are great - but if I need something "now", then you got to go to the shop that has it now (or within a day or so).

Sad to hear that some people have hassles with George, but I guess it's best to get it out in the open so he can rectify anything that may be fixable. (I know he reads this forum).

Have a great Christmas, and a Happy Bugging Year.

Old Timer

air is cool, but air-cooled is cooler!
1967 Aussie Built Type 1 1915 Deluxe
MemberAyeBee
Seriously Crusin Dubber

Threads: 18

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on August 30th, 2011 at 01:19 PM

Again, digging up this old thread. Felt the need to add my experience with Classic Vee-dub.

+1 for unhappy customer. Wished I'd found this thread before I ordered from Classic Vee-dub.

Specifically rang before I placed the order online (phone constantly engaged), finally got through - checked parts were in stock beforehand, asked whether the parts would make it before the weekend (it was a Tuesday), George promised they would arrive by Friday. Had someone wait home all day to receive the parts on Friday (as he said they would arrive at my house faster than at my PO Box), parts never turned up. Had someone wait home all day Monday, still never showed up. Two full days wasted at home. My wife was pissed!

Wouldn't answer emails, couldn't get hold of on phone - finally a week later I got hold of him. Didn't apologise, didn't offer an explanation... nothing! Unfortunately he said he posted them yesterday as I was calling to cancel my order today, apparently going to take 4 days from Sydney to Adelaide.

All this to save $30 on the price I could have got them walking into businesses here in Adelaide to buy. NEVER again! I'm furious!

Ordered parts from one of his competitors in the same state as him at the same time - they arrived 35hrs later.

I noticed someone above said George reads this forum - I hope so, I wiill be steering WELL clear of CVD in the future.
MemberSebastienPeek
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 89

posted on August 30th, 2011 at 01:31 PM

AyeBee,

Who'd you go to in Adelaide? Just curious as to where I can head to if I do need parts that are local.

I've ordered from George and I was quite surprised with his service. Not as bad as you guys & girls are making out, he freely upgraded me to a 75 amp alternator but the only downfall was that the backing plates didn't match up and nor did the alternator stand. I guess that is what happens when you buy taiwanese.

George's prices are definitely competitive. Bloody cheaper than Just Kampers & Vollks. But waiting times are either really drawn out or the parts aren't even available, and when trying to call, engaged.

I've been using Vollks and Just Kampers Australia lately, very good service indeed. You can tell where my next pay cheque is going ;)

I'm not trying to hurt anyones business either. George sounds like a top bloke, but I understand the stress of running two businesses can get to people!

The sold one, '73 VW 1303 - Zelda
The project, '74 VW 1303 - Gretl
Memberbajachris88
A.k.a.: Chris Leete
23 Windows of Awesome
The international telephone dialing code for Antarctica is 672.

Threads: 534

Mood: A bee bit ma' bottom, now ma' bottom's big!

posted on August 30th, 2011 at 01:40 PM

hmmm. i neva had any trouble, but knew they were always busy. Thus when made an order, never expected it to arrive quick.
CVD prices are good when your not in a rush.

(ô_!_/ô) (ô_!_/ô)
69' baja: kombi box, thing spindles, irs, disc front, type 3 rear drums, 2 inch lift kit, 31x10 rears. :tu:
New engine in process: 94mm p&bs, 74mm C/w chomol Crank, 35.5x39 SP heads, turbo. Wierd combo, hopeful torque monsta!
MemberSebastienPeek
Custom Title Time!

posted on August 30th, 2011 at 01:41 PM

I agree Chris, hence why I'm still ordering my next parts from them.

Can't find them anywhere that compare to the same prices. Plus, Vollks nor Just Kampers Australia have the parts in stock.

Super AdministratorMISS VDUB
A.k.a.: Ash
Super Administrator
Mrs KOMBIBOB

Rank Avatar

Threads: 96

Mood: Low down and Dirty

posted on August 30th, 2011 at 02:15 PM

Have always dealt with George, and have generally had my emails answered when I haven't been able to get him on the phone.

I have sent the same email twice within the past week with a large list of items I am chasing prices on. Sadly if he doesn't respond I will be sourcing my items from the U.S. :td:

1963 Single Cab Ute: "El Concreto"
1962 Baja Beetle: "Peanut"
1968 Porsche 912 SWB: "Pip"
1972 Kombi Snail: "The Snail"
2012 Skoda Octavia Scout: "Scout"
2016 Scirocco R: "Rocco"
MemberSebastienPeek
Custom Title Time!

posted on August 30th, 2011 at 02:17 PM

Yeah, I asked him in the order notes to send me an email when he was ready to draw the cash out of my account.
Never got an email, just took the cash and received the parts two days later.

I'm not saying his service is terrible, just some sort of contact would have been greatly appreciated.
We'll see what happens with this next order.

MemberAyeBee
Seriously Crusin Dubber

posted on August 30th, 2011 at 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by SebastienPeek
AyeBee,

Who'd you go to in Adelaide? Just curious as to where I can head to if I do need parts that are local.

Bits I was after were accesories rather than parts. There's a Streetrod shop in Elizabeth and another place out at Plympton that I could get what I wanted. Sent you a PM with details.
MemberSebastienPeek
Custom Title Time!

posted on August 30th, 2011 at 02:36 PM

Yeah, I'm currently after some interior accessories and those places do sound a little promising.
Haven't received a PM yet, but will be refreshing!

:)

MemberOldTimer
Seriously Crusin Dubber

Threads: 30

Mood: In constant awe

posted on August 30th, 2011 at 05:40 PM

Ordered stuff on Friday 26/08/2011 8:57 PM
Received an email on Mon 29/08/2011 2:44 PM saying goods on their way, which courier they were coming with and the con note number.
Goods arrived today around midday.

Maybe I'm just lucky - but this is usually what happens when I order from CVDS.

Old Timer

air is cool, but air-cooled is cooler!
1967 Aussie Built Type 1 1915 Deluxe
Super Administrator
Mrs KOMBIBOB

Rank Avatar

posted on August 30th, 2011 at 06:26 PM

Usually what happens with me too, but seems he has ignored my email if he has sent you one and not replied to mine. I'm not just wanting to order a rubber seal, I'm talking couple of thousand dollars worth of parts.

I will email him one more time, if no reply, Wolfsburg West and CIP will be the go!

Membersmithy68
Wolfsburg Wizard

Threads: 145

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue

posted on August 30th, 2011 at 10:28 PM

Just thought I would share, I have ordered from george on 4 occations now, the latest this week. I have never had a problem, quick postage, he always rings my mobile to let me know if the parts are not avaliable and is always very helpful.
I will keep ordering from him.
MemberCamo
A.k.a.: Kev
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 209

posted on August 30th, 2011 at 10:51 PM

As to George reading or looking at this site, he told me he very rarely sees it. I know the phone is usually engaged, but keep trying as I think it's your best bet. I have been in the shop many times and amongst serving customers the phone is always ringing.

AyeBee - if I were in your position, for the sake of $30 I wouldn't have even contemplated ordering parts from 1-2000kms away. But I too have had George tell me something was in the next shipment and it wasn't :-(

Just my 2c worth.

Kev

I thought rebuilding a VW would be cheap - Shit I was wrong, just don't let the wife know !!!!

Click here for my (slowy) modded 1961 Beetle build.
Member68AutoBug
A.k.a.: Lee Noonan
Aircooled Master
Beetle Restorer - Experience over 138% - YIKES --

Threads: 449

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Yellow
Mood: Really Mentally Ill - all of the time -

info.gif posted on August 30th, 2011 at 11:02 PM

Mick motors always replies to emails...

and have been happy with the service..

George never answers my emails...

He does the same with My Son...

Lee

- [size=4]Helping keep Air Cooled VWs on the road - location: SCONE in the Upper Hunter Valley - Northern NSW 320 kms NNW of SYDNEY--- [/size]
MemberAyeBee
Seriously Crusin Dubber

posted on August 30th, 2011 at 11:19 PM

Quote:

AyeBee - if I were in your position, for the sake of $30 I wouldn't have even contemplated ordering parts from 1-2000kms away. But I too have had George tell me something was in the next shipment and it wasn't :-(

Just my 2c worth.

Kev

Yep, lesson learnt Kev!
Memberwinerot
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 109

posted on August 31st, 2011 at 08:16 AM

my money & the dangerously defective alternator that was sent back 4 plus months ago seems to be a right off for me, i don't care what ppl say thats just not on.

Memberh
A.k.a.: Towely BuMpEr KING! ILLegal ALIEN on a roadtrip
Scirocco Rare
fractals - an ever changing lifestyle

Threads: 375

Theme: XMBX Pro Green
Mood: A T3 is not a Kombi - stop waving at me

posted on August 31st, 2011 at 08:31 AM

I've ordered off CVD on occasion n have been lucky n got thru on the phone..
parts arrived no prob
I recently used vollks.com who's banner appears about here n did everything online n within a coupla days the parts arrived with a bonus VW keyring.. sweet!
I guess I've been lucky but over the years I have had probs but nothing that wasnt sorted eventually
im happy to buy stuff from local au biz before ordering from the US
the money spent here at stays here n primarily goes around the community

fractal geometry; the inner most limits of mind altering abuse

Fantasy http://seventhchronicle.com 

Z = Z2 + C1/r = 1/0 = infinity

Barrels http://www.barrelman.com.au 

VW Workshop - aircooledgarage.com.au
allcooled.com.au
Super Administrator
Mrs KOMBIBOB

Rank Avatar

posted on August 31st, 2011 at 10:45 AM

Our thoughts too Paul, but Aussie business's need to clean their act up in regards to customer service. How many times do you have to try to give someone money? Seems they clearly have enough money and business to supply such poor service.

Had a look at Vollks.com but they don't stock anything we want which is a shame because I've heard good things about them.

Memberbajachris88
A.k.a.: Chris Leete
23 Windows of Awesome
The international telephone dialing code for Antarctica is 672.

Threads: 534

Mood: A bee bit ma' bottom, now ma' bottom's big!

posted on August 31st, 2011 at 11:32 AM

pity that! Vollks have been by far the most awesome, apart from minimum range.

and they give a gift with every purchase too!
I scored a nice vw key ring, and then on the second order, an air freshener! Dam good prices. :tu:

(ô_!_/ô) (ô_!_/ô)
69' baja: kombi box, thing spindles, irs, disc front, type 3 rear drums, 2 inch lift kit, 31x10 rears. :tu:
New engine in process: 94mm p&bs, 74mm C/w chomol Crank, 35.5x39 SP heads, turbo. Wierd combo, hopeful torque monsta!
Membersurfpig
Officially Full-On Dubber

Threads: 35

posted on August 31st, 2011 at 12:33 PM

I didn't get a gift with mine! I want a air freshener! Haha

But seriously I ordered some things from vollks and about 3-4 days later I got everything, and it's really nicely priced.
I've also got a roof rack coming from cvd, ordered that about a week and a half ago so should be here this week.
Nothing to complain about over here

Im so happy I could just shit.
Member68AutoBug
Aircooled Master

yes.gif posted on August 31st, 2011 at 01:02 PM

VOLLKS WILL GET MORE STUFF IN AS HE FINDS WHAT PEOPLE WANT..

its mostly accessories at the moment...

Lee

- [size=4]Helping keep Air Cooled VWs on the road - location: SCONE in the Upper Hunter Valley - Northern NSW 320 kms NNW of SYDNEY--- [/size]
MemberNewt
Wolfsburg Wizard

Threads: 82

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Grey
Mood: Born 10 minutes late & never caught up.

posted on September 1st, 2011 at 12:36 AM

Horses for courses, but I have found Georges guidance helpful.

Newt

It is as it is - If you didnt enjoy today, you've missed the opportunity.
MemberAyeBee
Seriously Crusin Dubber

posted on September 3rd, 2011 at 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by AyeBee
Again, digging up this old thread. Felt the need to add my experience with Classic Vee-dub.

+1 for unhappy customer. Wished I'd found this thread before I ordered from Classic Vee-dub.

Specifically rang before I placed the order online (phone constantly engaged), finally got through - checked parts were in stock beforehand, asked whether the parts would make it before the weekend (it was a Tuesday), George promised they would arrive by Friday. Had someone wait home all day to receive the parts on Friday (as he said they would arrive at my house faster than at my PO Box), parts never turned up. Had someone wait home all day Monday, still never showed up. Two full days wasted at home. My wife was pissed!

Wouldn't answer emails, couldn't get hold of on phone - finally a week later I got hold of him. Didn't apologise, didn't offer an explanation... nothing! Unfortunately he said he posted them yesterday as I was calling to cancel my order today, apparently going to take 4 days from Sydney to Adelaide.

All this to save $30 on the price I could have got them walking into businesses here in Adelaide to buy. NEVER again! I'm furious!

Ordered parts from one of his competitors in the same state as him at the same time - they arrived 35hrs later.

I noticed someone above said George reads this forum - I hope so, I wiill be steering WELL clear of CVD in the future.

Adding further to my saga.....

Still nothing arrived this Friday at my house. Called CVD after lunch, asked where order was. George said he'd ring the courier company, took my mobile no and would call me back.

An hour or so later, still hadn't called me back - so I rang again. Was told he was still waiting for courier company to get back to him where the delivery was, and he'd call me back.

430pm eastern time, still hadn't called me back so thought I'd ring and find out...... no answer - guess he closed up early for the day.

This morning I rang him first thing - claims the company said they'll get here about Tuesday..... 2 weeks after I'd placed the order!! Find it hard to believe if George dispatched the
order like he said he did on Monday, that it's going to take over a week via courier to come from Sydney (I've had parts from the UK turn up quicker for another car I have). Either he uses the worst courier service in the country, or he didn't send it when he said he did. I'm guessing he only sent it yesterday after me constantly ringing him.

Cancelled my order, told CVD not to bother, and I'll buy them elsewhere. Still, no apology or explanation.

As MISS VDUB said, how many times do you have to try and give someone money? Sure, my order was only about $200, but had he delivered as promised, I would have spent much much more there.

Happy for those that have had good dealings with him, unfortunately the total opposite for me. Shame, considering his prices on some things are quite good. Guess if I want good service, I need to pay for it!

End rant.
MemberPollywaffle
A.k.a.: Ben
.:Ben:.

Threads: 20

posted on September 3rd, 2011 at 10:14 AM

I drove to CVD yesterday to pick up some POR-15. I arrived there about 3:45pm and he was closed. His hours are apparently 'till 5pm. I was fuming! An hour round trip for nothing.

Other than that, I've never really had a problem with him. He seems very nice and helpful. The level of quality on some items are iffy though. If I need some better quality items, I'll spend a bit more money and buy from Vintage VW. Boris is very helpful and answers the phone.
MemberOllie
A.k.a.: Ollie Clarke
Insano Dub Head
Yeah Buddy

Threads: 122

Theme: UltimaBB Streamlined2
Mood: Hungry for another 676cc

posted on September 3rd, 2011 at 10:49 AM

Hah that's happened to me before Polly, its incredibly frustrating!

Follow the Photo Fun:
http://forums.aussieveedubbers.com/viewtopic.php?tid=95238 

- '70 1500 Beetle (The Clean One)
- '76 1300 Beetle (The In-between One)
- '69 1500 Beetle (The Mean One)
Member68AutoBug
Aircooled Master

posted on September 3rd, 2011 at 03:40 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Newt
Horses for courses, but I have found Georges guidance helpful.

Newt

and what does that mean ???

LEE

all stuff in EMPI made in china packets are usually rubbish and You may have problems fitting them...
sometimes BIG problems....

Lee

Super Administratorbarls
A.k.a.: Mr indestructible
Super Administrator
Causer of Chaos and Mayhem

Rank Avatar

No Avatar

Threads: 295

Theme: UltimaBB Streamlined2
Mood: indestructible? and listening to the voices

posted on September 3rd, 2011 at 04:36 PM

lee.
george does sell other items than empi.

to all remember that george is a sponsor and to be careful what you say about him. its walking a real fine line atm.

“We all pay for life with death, so everything in between should be free.” Bill Hicks
the chaos project - click me

http://www.goats.com/store/images/banner_destroy.png
Member68AutoBug
Aircooled Master

info.gif posted on September 4th, 2011 at 02:00 AM

Hi Barls
Yes I know He does but someone commented on not so good made parts..
lots of other people sell them too...

when you are looking at inexpensive parts made in China...???

MOst complaints are about service Barls...

If You order and never receive parts... that isn't good..
We all reailse He's too busy to answer the phone but its now got to no replied to emails...

plainly He needs staff....

cheers

LEE

Membershokwave2
A.k.a.: Matt Hamilton

Threads: 28

Theme: UltimaBB Psyche Blue

posted on September 5th, 2011 at 07:16 PM

I used to order from CVD up until late last year. The first 2-3 online orders arrived no problems, then i wasn't getting any email confirmations. I rang him a few times and he did send the items that week, but then it got worse after each order i made. I once got an email confirming my credit card had been debited but nothing shown on my statement. I rang him and he coudln't find the order i was talking about. Lack of emails, phone pick-up and online prices really let this store down. It has potential to be a great store as they have a wide range of products, but as others have said, he needs more staff.

I did have one really good experience with him. My starter had shat itself and every other store i contacted wanted me to send in my old starter for a swap as well. CVD had them in stock and i requested that it arrive the next day (friday) as it was for my daily driver and had no other transport. It arrived the following day so i was very pleased with the service that time. I have never stepped foot in the store so i cannot comment on face-to-face service.
 Pages:  1  2  3  4  5

Go To Top