Membervincew
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

Threads: 3

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

posted on July 11th, 2022 at 12:26 PM
1975 vw super beetle rear seat

Hi all hope everyone is well?

Have recently bought a 1975 superbeetle no rear seat base but had the back piece. Have a 1967 which is a runner, registered etc but is definitely a project car as whoever had before who we bought from must have had shares in body bog. Done a bunch of stuff to the running gear but time etc wasn't being nice and a bigger project than we needed for a while and wife wasn't driving it so decided to sell have put that up for sale now.
Anyway I'm off topic, the 67 had no rear seat but sourced one and reupholstered. I took the seat base out and put in the 75 it basically fits and would be usable but it interferes with the retractable seat belts ie the rolling part had to take off get seat in but then having the stabiliser tab in place its then 3/4 of a hole out for the bolt hole.
1) I guess question is was the two year seats that much different ie would a true 75 rear seat base be a little less in the depth department?
2) if seats not much different any advise on the best option re seat belts eg just drill a new hole for the tab that I guess is for stopping the whole assembly twisting or go for a completely different style of front seat belts
3)if seats are different do anyone know of anyone that would have one for sale I have searched a few time with no luck.

Thanks in advance for anyone and everyone's time and help, prob be annoying you a bit for a while with what may be silly questions but hopefully ok.

thanks again
Membergrumble
Son of Jim - Creator of Good

Threads: 53

Mood: happy all the time

posted on July 11th, 2022 at 04:37 PM

I have a couple of sets of rear seats if you are interested.
Memberhulbyw
Insano Dub Head

No Avatar

Threads: 130

Mood: I'm OK, RU?

posted on July 11th, 2022 at 06:09 PM

vince, it would help if you put your location.

My guess is you need the correct seat base. I have a '68 with retrofitted later model inertia reel seatbelts and they fit fine. The tab serves two purposes as far as I know. First to stop the reel twisting and second to keep the reel horizontal. If you drill a new hole the reel will be on an angle and the seatbelt may not work as designed.

grumble sounds like he has what you need to do it right
Memberbeetleboyjeff
A.k.a.: Jeff Walsh
Custom Title Time!

Threads: 40

Mood: Drive bugs hard

posted on July 11th, 2022 at 10:15 PM

Does yours have this bracket at the bottom of the B pillar for the inertia reel?

Error
Sorry, you must be a registered user in order to download attachments.

From your ole' mate Jeff
Membervincew
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

posted on July 14th, 2022 at 11:38 AM

Apologies had to go driving for work so not been able to get on. Re the pic of the inertia seatbelt that looks excatly as I have but the main body of it is right on the seat front which pushes it out. I'm Nanango qld 4615. What I'll do is get some pics at the weekend and see what people think just me be stupid or something else. Grumble where are you located and I guess how much looking for one? Although I should probably put that in a pm so will, not used forum much so getting there

thanks for the replies
Membervincew
Learner Dubber

No Avatar

posted on July 18th, 2022 at 12:34 PM

Just an update had another crack at the weekend with the seat belts and got them back in position, the mechanism is very tight up against the seat so makes pulling the seat up to access the battery etc difficult and prob have to put a little padding on the seat for rubbing but the belt works as it should and moves freely. Thanks for the responses

Go To Top