Wolfsburg Wizard

No Avatar

Threads: 108

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )

cool.gif posted on October 1st, 2002 at 02:24 PM
kombi reduction gbox into beetle

hi Ive asked this before on the old forum and cant remember all the details
what is involved in fitting a split kombi gbox into a beetle
I know some of you will say dont do it go the irs route with a bay kombi gbox but I want to make a type 82e replica
marcel :thumb
Membersplitbusaustralia
Wolfsburg Wizard

Threads: 65

posted on October 1st, 2002 at 08:50 PM

A set of early pre 64 reduction boxes have splines and 36 mm castle nuts similar to beetle ...

You'd need to modify the spring plates to reduction box pattern and then everything from a splitbus should bolt in..

Alternatively you could adapt beetle drums and brakes (given that straight axle kits in split buses often use beetle drums and brakes....) - I'm more familiar with going this way (beetle straight axle into splitbus but if works this way it must work the other..)

I advertised a set of 36mm reduction boxes with axles for $80 on this forum a little while ago - the purchaser may have gone flaky on me (partic pleasing after spending a day pulling em out a splitcase tranny - it involves splitting the box) and if I don't hear from him in the next coupla days they'll be available again .......

RobK
Membertype82e
Wolfsburg Wizard

No Avatar

Threads: 108

posted on October 1st, 2002 at 09:13 PM

thanks for that rob Ive hopefully got a lead on a couple of split bus boxes I think he said 61 and 67
I thought it was a bit more involved than that much easier than I thought
would a set of spring plates of a splitty fit on a beetle or should i use them as the template
as the country buggy font ends are pretty much sought after I was just going to cut and turn the link pin frontend

Roadrage what are the templates you are talking about? is it the ones for cutting the beetle spring plate? that would be graet if you could do that for me
marcel

Go To Top