MemberAndy
Son of Jim - Creator of Good
Andy's Adventures

Threads: 181

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: Happy Man

posted on August 18th, 2003 at 02:54 PM
Re-build time + dissy problem

Well, the old 2L motor is on it's last legs. It’s losing compression on No 4 cyl. amongst other things.
Interesting though, I used some upper cylinder lube for a few tank fulls to see the effect and compression went from ~120psi on cylinders 1-3 up to ~135psi. I was amazed!!
I was hoping it would solve the problem on No4, thought it might only be some carbon build up or the like, but it still only reads 90psi. The valve clearance hasn’t changed so at least the heads seem OK. Air flow from the case seems up a little, so hopefully it’s just rings.
I thought it was well and truly dead when it started missing badly the other night and almost left me stranded. As it’s my only vehicle at the moment, so I thought I’d give it a once over before I start pulling it apart. I discovered a nice black line inside the distributor!! (see pic) My last service was not that long ago (~1000km), so not sure how that happened? So it was loosing spark to No 3 cyl, and a weak No 4 was enough to make it very sick. I also noticed some oil build up inside the No 3 spark plug cap (see pic of plug) I wonder if the spark plug itself was leaking???
Anyway, I hope to get it mobile enough to keep driving for a little while to get a few things sorted, then the re-build will begin (my poor bank balance)!
Anything I can do to help it run with low comp. on one cyl??
:(

Error
Sorry, you must be a registered user in order to download attachments.
MemberAndy
Son of Jim - Creator of Good
Andy's Adventures

Threads: 181

Theme: UltimaBB Pro Blue ( Default )
Mood: Happy Man

posted on August 18th, 2003 at 02:55 PM

Any explination for the 'spray' behind the No4 electrode??

Error
Sorry, you must be a registered user in order to download attachments.

Go To Top